Questions on products coming out.

  • N9NWO
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
      This new T3 mini board is like the OT-usb? What case does it work in? I am not sure what the MSU is as well (assume it is how the firmware is programmed).

      What does it replace? The T3, the OT-usb or the T3-135 board?

      BTW I have ghosts on my Nuvi 350 connected to my T3-301. There call signs where someone was hours ago. Plus if I send a message it keeps sending until acknowledged rather than so many attempts. Not sure how to deal with this.

      N9NWO
    • Tony VE6MVP
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
        At 03:39 PM 2013-03-23, N9NWO wrote:

        BTW I have ghosts on my Nuvi 350 connected to my T3-301. There call signs where someone was hours ago.

        Unless the T3-301 receives a new packet from that call sign it will stay there forever.  For example somewhere down a ways on my Nuvi list of stations is an American trucker my Nuvi saw a few months ago.   If that's what you're thinking of?   I just delete those old out of date stations from my list.   Or clear the entire list and start fresh occasionally.

        Plus if I send a message it keeps sending until acknowledged rather than so many attempts. Not sure how to deal with this.

        There could be several causes to this.

        I have the case where suddenly the Nuvi doesn't seem to acknowledge that a message has been sent via the Dispatch manager to the T2-391.  That is if I key in --info as a message the Tracker keeps replying by sending me messages every few seconds until I delete the message from the outgoing msg queue.  I first noticed this behavior when I keyed in a --beac message while driving.  An hour later I realized I had been beaconing my position every 10 seconds.  Now I do need to see if updating the Tracker2 firmware will fix this.  Alternatively I need to clear all the data from the Nuvi 350.

        Or it maybe be that the recipient station/device is no longer available or within range of a digi or igate to acknowledge receipt of the message.
        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:aprs-messaging-explained

        Or that your T3-301 can't hear and decode the packet from your nearest digi or igate.  I've found that while mobile the T2-301 can't decode packets when I'm about 20 miles or more from the nearest digi.  Although the digi's can receive my packets up to about 40 miles depending.

        Tony

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
          On 3/23/2013 2:39 PM, N9NWO wrote:
          > This new T3 mini board is like the OT-usb? What case does it work in? I
          > am not sure what the MSU is as well (assume it is how the firmware is
          > programmed).

          The same board will take either a T3 processor (MCF51JM128) or OTUSB
          processor (MC9S08JM60). One is 32 bits and the other 8 bits, but the T3
          and OTUSB share most of their source code.

          It doesn't come with a case. It's intended mostly for embedded
          applications, where you want to put the board inside a radio or a
          balloon payload, or otherwise just don't need a big case and bulky
          connectors.

          > What does it replace? The T3, the OT-usb or the T3-135 board?

          It mostly replaces the OT1+ SMT.

          > BTW I have ghosts on my Nuvi 350 connected to my T3-301. There call
          > signs where someone was hours ago. Plus if I send a message it keeps
          > sending until acknowledged rather than so many attempts. Not sure how to
          > deal with this.

          There's no way for the T3 to delete anything from the nuvi, so that's
          normal behavior. Message ACKs are tricky - I think there may be a bug
          in the ACK code but the nuvi is sometimes weird about how it handles the
          message queue. I've been doing some testing on that lately.