Re: [tracker2] Tracker3 T3-Mini board

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
      It's a 78L05 in an SOT-89 and should handle about 100 mA total. The
      tracker itself will draw about half that.

      Scott

      On 3/20/2013 10:54 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      > How much can the internal regulator supply on the 5V pin? Enough to
      > drive maybe a Bluetooth to serial adapter connected to the A-RX/TX? Of
      > course, that'd be in conjunction with an NMEA GPS connected to the
      > B-RX/TX powered by the same 5V output...

      > On 3/20/2013 1:26 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board. We'll be phasing out
      > > the old OpenTracker+ SMT due to component obsolescence and the T3-Mini
      > > (and OTUSB-Mini once software testing is finished) will take its place
      > > as a compact, embeddable APRS tracker/TNC.
      > >
      > > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=167
      > >
      > > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T3-Mini
      > >
      > > The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
      > > with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
      > > mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
      > > features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
      > > and automation tasks.
      > >
      > > Scott
      > > N1VG

    • Bill Vodall
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
        On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board.

        > The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
        > with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
        > mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
        > features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
        > and automation tasks.

        Will this work with the UHF .5 watt transceiver modules you're
        selling? Yeah I know - I need to get ask, buy a couple and get them
        on the air.

        Bill,
        WA7NWP
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
          I do have code written for the OTUSB to use those, but I've got to
          double check that all the required signals are available on the Mini
          board. They should be, but I didn't design it specifically with that in
          mind.

          Scott