Re: [tracker2] Tracker3 T3-Mini board

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20 10:54 AM
      How much can the internal regulator supply on the 5V pin? Enough to
      drive maybe a Bluetooth to serial adapter connected to the A-RX/TX? Of
      course, that'd be in conjunction with an NMEA GPS connected to the
      B-RX/TX powered by the same 5V output...

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20 12:51 PM
        It's a 78L05 in an SOT-89 and should handle about 100 mA total. The
        tracker itself will draw about half that.

        Scott

        On 3/20/2013 10:54 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
        > How much can the internal regulator supply on the 5V pin? Enough to
        > drive maybe a Bluetooth to serial adapter connected to the A-RX/TX? Of
        > course, that'd be in conjunction with an NMEA GPS connected to the
        > B-RX/TX powered by the same 5V output...

        > On 3/20/2013 1:26 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board. We'll be phasing out
        > > the old OpenTracker+ SMT due to component obsolescence and the T3-Mini
        > > (and OTUSB-Mini once software testing is finished) will take its place
        > > as a compact, embeddable APRS tracker/TNC.
        > >
        > > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=167
        > >
        > > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T3-Mini
        > >
        > > The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
        > > with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
        > > mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
        > > features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
        > > and automation tasks.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > > N1VG

      • Bill Vodall
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21 10:51 AM
          On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board.

          > The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
          > with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
          > mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
          > features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
          > and automation tasks.

          Will this work with the UHF .5 watt transceiver modules you're
          selling? Yeah I know - I need to get ask, buy a couple and get them
          on the air.

          Bill,
          WA7NWP
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21 10:54 AM
            I do have code written for the OTUSB to use those, but I've got to
            double check that all the required signals are available on the Mini
            board. They should be, but I didn't design it specifically with that in
            mind.

            Scott