Tracker3 T3-Mini board

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
      Hi all,

      We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board. We'll be phasing out
      the old OpenTracker+ SMT due to component obsolescence and the T3-Mini
      (and OTUSB-Mini once software testing is finished) will take its place
      as a compact, embeddable APRS tracker/TNC.

      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=167

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T3-Mini

      The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
      with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
      mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
      features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
      and automation tasks.

      Scott
      N1VG
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
        How much can the internal regulator supply on the 5V pin? Enough to
        drive maybe a Bluetooth to serial adapter connected to the A-RX/TX? Of
        course, that'd be in conjunction with an NMEA GPS connected to the
        B-RX/TX powered by the same 5V output...

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
          It's a 78L05 in an SOT-89 and should handle about 100 mA total. The
          tracker itself will draw about half that.

          Scott

          On 3/20/2013 10:54 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
          > How much can the internal regulator supply on the 5V pin? Enough to
          > drive maybe a Bluetooth to serial adapter connected to the A-RX/TX? Of
          > course, that'd be in conjunction with an NMEA GPS connected to the
          > B-RX/TX powered by the same 5V output...

          > On 3/20/2013 1:26 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board. We'll be phasing out
          > > the old OpenTracker+ SMT due to component obsolescence and the T3-Mini
          > > (and OTUSB-Mini once software testing is finished) will take its place
          > > as a compact, embeddable APRS tracker/TNC.
          > >
          > > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=167
          > >
          > > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T3-Mini
          > >
          > > The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
          > > with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
          > > mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
          > > features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
          > > and automation tasks.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > > N1VG

        • Bill Vodall
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
            On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > We've just started shipping the new T3-Mini board.

            > The mini USB port makes this board much easier to configure - no fussing
            > with adapters or worrying about whether you're using it in RS-232 or TTL
            > mode. It's also got 13 general-purpose I/O pins and the scripting
            > features of the regular T3, which should be useful for balloon payloads
            > and automation tasks.

            Will this work with the UHF .5 watt transceiver modules you're
            selling? Yeah I know - I need to get ask, buy a couple and get them
            on the air.

            Bill,
            WA7NWP
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
              I do have code written for the OTUSB to use those, but I've got to
              double check that all the required signals are available on the Mini
              board. They should be, but I didn't design it specifically with that in
              mind.

              Scott