OT USB: no more TX switching...

  • F1MHV
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
      Good day,

      I was checking the device for tomorrow inflight test when i found there was no more TX switching, with or without HT bypass: tested all connections up to Q2 which could be the problem but i can't probe further (limited equipment).

      Any suggestions?

      Cyril
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
        You've checked PTT operation from the diagnostics screen?

        You should get continuity from PTT to ground when you press the button.

        Scott

        On 3/19/2013 11:00 AM, F1MHV wrote:
        > Good day,
        >
        > I was checking the device for tomorrow inflight test when i found there
        > was no more TX switching, with or without HT bypass: tested all
        > connections up to Q2 which could be the problem but i can't probe
        > further (limited equipment).
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Cyril

      • F1MHV
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
          Yes i did-it several times but it stays open while led is switching from green to red. Audio tones a present when dedicated buttons are on… i have probed connections between DB9 and printed board and all seems fine to me (PIN 3 & PIN 6).

          Cyril

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
            Could be that Q2 is blown, then. Do you have the tools to replace it?

            Scott

            On 3/19/2013 12:19 PM, F1MHV wrote:
            > Yes i did-it several times but it stays open while led is switching from green to red. Audio tones a present when dedicated buttons are on… i have probed connections between DB9 and printed board and all seems fine to me (PIN 3 & PIN 6).
            >
            > Cyril
            >
            > Le 19 mars 2013 à 19:05, Scott Miller <scott@...> a écrit :
            >
            >> You've checked PTT operation from the diagnostics screen?
            >>
            >> You should get continuity from PTT to ground when you press the button.
            >>
            >> Scott
            >>
            >> On 3/19/2013 11:00 AM, F1MHV wrote:
            >>> Good day,
            >>>
            >>> I was checking the device for tomorrow inflight test when i found there
            >>> was no more TX switching, with or without HT bypass: tested all
            >>> connections up to Q2 which could be the problem but i can't probe
            >>> further (limited equipment).
            >>>
            >>> Any suggestions?
            >>>
            >>> Cyril

          • F1MHV
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
              Unfortunately nothing to deal with smc components.

              Cyril

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
                You're welcome to send it back here for repair. Was it working before?

                Scott

                On 3/19/2013 1:26 PM, F1MHV wrote:
                > Unfortunately nothing to deal with smc components.
                >
                > Cyril
                >
                > Le 19 mars 2013 à 20:47, Scott Miller <scott@...
                > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> a écrit :
                >
                > > Could be that Q2 is blown, then. Do you have the tools to replace it?
                > >
                > > Scott
                > >
                > > On 3/19/2013 12:19 PM, F1MHV wrote:
                > >> Yes i did-it several times but it stays open while led is switching
                > from green to red. Audio tones a present when dedicated buttons are on…
                > i have probed connections between DB9 and printed board and all seems
                > fine to me (PIN 3 & PIN 6).
                > >>
                > >> Cyril

                > there

              • F1MHV
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013
                  Yes, last time i did inflight test (march 9th) it was working and keying. I am in contact with Bodo to forward him…

                  Cyril