Re: Tracker 2 discountinued?

  • zl1vfo
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
      Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'd really like the ability to do Viscous Digipeating, a la
      <http://wiki.ham.fi/Viscous_APRS_Digipeater>

      Its very useful for solar powered digis where you have to watch your power budget, yet still be useful.

      -Ian ZL1VFO

      > What features are you waiting on?
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 3/7/2013 11:23 AM, chris.ronk wrote:
      > > I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to
      > > go with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be
      > > released that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.
      > >
      > > With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?

    • Wes Freeman
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
        Scott, Chris has apparently never been able to get his Nuvi350 to talk
        to his tracker.
        He gets a "feature not supported" message. There were a lot of messages
        back in Dec 2011
        and it sounded like a cable problem, but no indication that anything got
        fixed.
        for example:

        From Dec 2011

        Nope, but we do have two different types of mini-B pigtails if you want
        to build something yourself.

        Scott

        On 12/19/2011 2:59 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:

        What a pain in the assets...

        Do you have a cable that has two Mini-USB connectors on it that supplies
        the voltage to the back, and the correct resistance on the side?

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
          That sounds like maybe the wrong cable. I'll need more information on
          the setup.

          Scott