Re: [tracker2] Tracker 2 discountinued?

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7 5:28 PM
      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM, chris.ronk <hamer669@...> wrote:

      > I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to go
      > with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be released
      > that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.

      Thousands of people have been using their OT2 units for many years
      now. I have 7 of them out in the field in use, and even more OT3 unit
      as well.

      > With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?

      What fate awaits you?

    • zl1vfo
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7 11:55 PM
        Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'd really like the ability to do Viscous Digipeating, a la
        <http://wiki.ham.fi/Viscous_APRS_Digipeater>

        Its very useful for solar powered digis where you have to watch your power budget, yet still be useful.

        -Ian ZL1VFO

        > What features are you waiting on?
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 3/7/2013 11:23 AM, chris.ronk wrote:
        > > I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to
        > > go with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be
        > > released that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.
        > >
        > > With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?

      • Wes Freeman
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8 10:12 AM
          Scott, Chris has apparently never been able to get his Nuvi350 to talk
          to his tracker.
          He gets a "feature not supported" message. There were a lot of messages
          back in Dec 2011
          and it sounded like a cable problem, but no indication that anything got
          fixed.
          for example:

          From Dec 2011

          Nope, but we do have two different types of mini-B pigtails if you want
          to build something yourself.

          Scott

          On 12/19/2011 2:59 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:

          What a pain in the assets...

          Do you have a cable that has two Mini-USB connectors on it that supplies
          the voltage to the back, and the correct resistance on the side?

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8 11:55 AM
            That sounds like maybe the wrong cable. I'll need more information on
            the setup.

            Scott