Tracker 2 discountinued?

  • chris.ronk
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
      I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to go with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be released that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.

      With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?
    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
        On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM, chris.ronk <hamer669@...> wrote:
        > I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to go with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be released that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.
        >
        > With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?

        Which GPS units?

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
          Have you been following to group?

          There has been new development on the Tracker2.

          Is your particular interest mentioned as part of the discussion?

          If not, maybe a reminder of what you need would be a good thing to add to your posting right about now since there have been some updates to the firmware.

          Best regards,
          Fred, N7FMH

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
            What features are you waiting on?

            Scott

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
              On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM, chris.ronk <hamer669@...> wrote:

              > I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to go
              > with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be released
              > that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.

              Thousands of people have been using their OT2 units for many years
              now. I have 7 of them out in the field in use, and even more OT3 unit
              as well.

              > With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?

              What fate awaits you?

            • zl1vfo
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
                Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'd really like the ability to do Viscous Digipeating, a la
                <http://wiki.ham.fi/Viscous_APRS_Digipeater>

                Its very useful for solar powered digis where you have to watch your power budget, yet still be useful.

                -Ian ZL1VFO

                > What features are you waiting on?
                >
                > Scott
                >
                > On 3/7/2013 11:23 AM, chris.ronk wrote:
                > > I bought two tracker 2s almost 3 years ago. I also bought 2 GPS units to
                > > go with it. I've been holding out hope that someday a firmware would be
                > > released that would allow me to use what I spent nearly $500 on.
                > >
                > > With it's discontinue.... does that seal my fate?

              • Wes Freeman
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
                  Scott, Chris has apparently never been able to get his Nuvi350 to talk
                  to his tracker.
                  He gets a "feature not supported" message. There were a lot of messages
                  back in Dec 2011
                  and it sounded like a cable problem, but no indication that anything got
                  fixed.
                  for example:

                  From Dec 2011

                  Nope, but we do have two different types of mini-B pigtails if you want
                  to build something yourself.

                  Scott

                  On 12/19/2011 2:59 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:

                  What a pain in the assets...

                  Do you have a cable that has two Mini-USB connectors on it that supplies
                  the voltage to the back, and the correct resistance on the side?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
                    That sounds like maybe the wrong cable. I'll need more information on
                    the setup.

                    Scott