Re: Anything new for Dayton

  • caimaver
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
      Speaking of new products, will the updated version of the Open Tracker SMT be available before Dayton? I'm looking forward to that one for some projects.

      Thanks,
      Cai, W6CAI

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
        Yes. I need to finish verifying the latest board rev and order a large
        quantity, but everything's looking good so far.

        Scott

        On 3/6/2013 1:44 PM, caimaver wrote:
        > Speaking of new products, will the updated version of the Open Tracker
        > SMT be available before Dayton? I'm looking forward to that one for some
        > projects.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Cai, W6CAI

        > Scott Miller wrote:
        > >
        > > The big one definitely won't be in product in time for Dayton, but I'm
        > > hoping to have a demo with the basic functionality working so we can
        > > take pre-orders. It's a dual-channel TNC with Ethernet and will work as
        > > a stand-alone IGate, it'll be configurable through a web browser, and
        > > I'm planning about a hundred other functions that I don't want to hype
        > > too much until I've actually got them working. =] It'll also have the
        > > ADS-SR1s repeater functions, and later I'm planning to adapt it for
        > > duplex and cross-band operation.
        > >
        > > Speaking of which, if anyone has a repeater with duplexer cavities
        > > they'd like to see cheap or trade for our stuff, let me know! If I'm
        > > going to make this thing a repeater controller too, I should probably
        > > have a repeater here for a test installation.
        > >
        > > I do have one non-APRS product I'm hoping to have in production in time
        > > for Dayton, but we'll see. There's still debugging to be done.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >
        > > On 3/5/2013 6:34 AM, N9NWO wrote:
        > > > Just thought I would ask. See if there was something that I should be
        > > > saving up for....
        > > >
        > > > N9NWO

      • watchtinker
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 7, 2013
          Hi Scott -

          I believe you could use dummy loads in place of antennas on the repeater since you are presumably in close proximity to the repeater.

          Michael