Re: [tracker2] Anything new for Dayton

  • Brandon Tibbitts
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5, 2013
      Scott,

      You may consider running or supporting the smaller space consuming radio to radio type repeater, such as the ones using two GM300 radios or similar to create a small and lightweight repeater.

      These seem to be popping up alot.

      I'm not exactly sure if it'd be any different than a fullscale repeater. Maybe.

      Just a thought I had,

      Brandon

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
        I'm not really concerned with making a repeater to actually serve users
        - I'd only need it as a test bed. For starters I can probably just run
        low power and separate the antennas as much as possible.

        Scott

        On 3/5/2013 11:24 PM, Brandon Tibbitts wrote:
        > Scott,
        >
        > You may consider running or supporting the smaller space consuming radio
        > to radio type repeater, such as the ones using two GM300 radios or
        > similar to create a small and lightweight repeater.
        >
        > These seem to be popping up alot.
        >
        > I'm not exactly sure if it'd be any different than a fullscale repeater.
        > Maybe.
        >
        > Just a thought I had,
        >
        > Brandon
        >
        > ________________________________

      • caimaver
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
          Speaking of new products, will the updated version of the Open Tracker SMT be available before Dayton? I'm looking forward to that one for some projects.

          Thanks,
          Cai, W6CAI

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
            Yes. I need to finish verifying the latest board rev and order a large
            quantity, but everything's looking good so far.

            Scott

            On 3/6/2013 1:44 PM, caimaver wrote:
            > Speaking of new products, will the updated version of the Open Tracker
            > SMT be available before Dayton? I'm looking forward to that one for some
            > projects.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Cai, W6CAI

            > Scott Miller wrote:
            > >
            > > The big one definitely won't be in product in time for Dayton, but I'm
            > > hoping to have a demo with the basic functionality working so we can
            > > take pre-orders. It's a dual-channel TNC with Ethernet and will work as
            > > a stand-alone IGate, it'll be configurable through a web browser, and
            > > I'm planning about a hundred other functions that I don't want to hype
            > > too much until I've actually got them working. =] It'll also have the
            > > ADS-SR1s repeater functions, and later I'm planning to adapt it for
            > > duplex and cross-band operation.
            > >
            > > Speaking of which, if anyone has a repeater with duplexer cavities
            > > they'd like to see cheap or trade for our stuff, let me know! If I'm
            > > going to make this thing a repeater controller too, I should probably
            > > have a repeater here for a test installation.
            > >
            > > I do have one non-APRS product I'm hoping to have in production in time
            > > for Dayton, but we'll see. There's still debugging to be done.
            > >
            > > Scott
            > >
            > > On 3/5/2013 6:34 AM, N9NWO wrote:
            > > > Just thought I would ask. See if there was something that I should be
            > > > saving up for....
            > > >
            > > > N9NWO

          • watchtinker
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 7, 2013
              Hi Scott -

              I believe you could use dummy loads in place of antennas on the repeater since you are presumably in close proximity to the repeater.

              Michael