Re: [tracker2] Re: Anything new for Dayton

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5 2:34 PM
      I figured out that my RFM12BP prototypes weren't blown up like I thought
      they were, so that's something, but I haven't had time to do any real
      work with them.

      Scott

      On 3/5/2013 10:28 AM, Bill Vodall wrote:
      > >> The big one definitely won't be in product in time for Dayton, but
      > I'm hoping to have a demo with the basic functionality working so we can
      > take pre-orders. It's a dual-channel TNC with Ethernet and will work as
      > a stand-alone IGate, it'll be configurable through a web browser, and
      > I'm planning about a hundred other functions that I don't want to hype
      > too much until I've actually got them working. =]
      >
      > Hopefully one of those other functions is an embedded RFM12BP....
      >
      > Any other progress on the RFM12BP project? This "radio in a
      > USB/Ethernet connected package" is going to be a game changer.
      >
      > Bill, WA7NWP

    • Tony VE6MVP
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 5 9:47 PM
        At 10:21 AM 2013-03-05, Scott Miller wrote:

        >The big one definitely won't be in product in time for Dayton, but
        I'm
        >hoping to have a demo with the basic functionality working so we can
        >take pre-orders.  It's a dual-channel TNC with Ethernet and will
        work as
        >a stand-alone IGate, it'll be configurable through a web browser, and

        Sweet!

        Tony
      • Brandon Tibbitts
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5 11:24 PM
          Scott,

          You may consider running or supporting the smaller space consuming radio to radio type repeater, such as the ones using two GM300 radios or similar to create a small and lightweight repeater.

          These seem to be popping up alot.

          I'm not exactly sure if it'd be any different than a fullscale repeater. Maybe.

          Just a thought I had,

          Brandon

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6 9:50 AM
            I'm not really concerned with making a repeater to actually serve users
            - I'd only need it as a test bed. For starters I can probably just run
            low power and separate the antennas as much as possible.

            Scott

            On 3/5/2013 11:24 PM, Brandon Tibbitts wrote:
            > Scott,
            >
            > You may consider running or supporting the smaller space consuming radio
            > to radio type repeater, such as the ones using two GM300 radios or
            > similar to create a small and lightweight repeater.
            >
            > These seem to be popping up alot.
            >
            > I'm not exactly sure if it'd be any different than a fullscale repeater.
            > Maybe.
            >
            > Just a thought I had,
            >
            > Brandon
            >
            > ________________________________

          • caimaver
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 6 1:44 PM
              Speaking of new products, will the updated version of the Open Tracker SMT be available before Dayton? I'm looking forward to that one for some projects.

              Thanks,
              Cai, W6CAI

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 6 1:49 PM
                Yes. I need to finish verifying the latest board rev and order a large
                quantity, but everything's looking good so far.

                Scott

                On 3/6/2013 1:44 PM, caimaver wrote:
                > Speaking of new products, will the updated version of the Open Tracker
                > SMT be available before Dayton? I'm looking forward to that one for some
                > projects.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Cai, W6CAI

                > Scott Miller wrote:
                > >
                > > The big one definitely won't be in product in time for Dayton, but I'm
                > > hoping to have a demo with the basic functionality working so we can
                > > take pre-orders. It's a dual-channel TNC with Ethernet and will work as
                > > a stand-alone IGate, it'll be configurable through a web browser, and
                > > I'm planning about a hundred other functions that I don't want to hype
                > > too much until I've actually got them working. =] It'll also have the
                > > ADS-SR1s repeater functions, and later I'm planning to adapt it for
                > > duplex and cross-band operation.
                > >
                > > Speaking of which, if anyone has a repeater with duplexer cavities
                > > they'd like to see cheap or trade for our stuff, let me know! If I'm
                > > going to make this thing a repeater controller too, I should probably
                > > have a repeater here for a test installation.
                > >
                > > I do have one non-APRS product I'm hoping to have in production in time
                > > for Dayton, but we'll see. There's still debugging to be done.
                > >
                > > Scott
                > >
                > > On 3/5/2013 6:34 AM, N9NWO wrote:
                > > > Just thought I would ask. See if there was something that I should be
                > > > saving up for....
                > > >
                > > > N9NWO

              • watchtinker
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 7 8:02 AM
                  Hi Scott -

                  I believe you could use dummy loads in place of antennas on the repeater since you are presumably in close proximity to the repeater.

                  Michael