Re: [tracker2] Tracker 3 Motorcycle Install

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013
      At 05:27 PM 2013-03-04, iba9241 wrote:

      I am considering running APRS on my Honda Goldwing and I have a question regarding the connections. The radio is a Kenwood TM-281 and I would like to interface the Tracker 3 to this radio and my Garmin Zumo 550 which has a motorcycle mount. How would all of this connect to the Zumo 550. I understand the radio connection to the Tracker 3, but am not sure how it connects to the Zumo.

      Note that unless you're running a Nuvi 350 or Avmap that any position data coming back from the Tracker to the GPS might not be displayed properly or even erased as the object is refreshed.   As one person said "I could see exactly where all his beacons were just like bread crumbs."

      Tony