Re: [tracker2] Re: OT USB max mic voltage?

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2013
      I can't find my notes on the OTUSB output levels right now. Do you have
      an oscilloscope to check what it's putting out?

      Scott

      On 3/2/2013 10:57 PM, f1mhv wrote:
      > Good morning Scott,
      >
      > Last night i performed my first test on 30m operating /AM. Audio setting
      > wise, HI jumper was set to high, and being able to monitor the AFSK
      > output thru headsets, even with TXLEVEL set to 255, i found the AFSK
      > level very weak (10 to 15%) compare to normal voice using dedicated hand
      > mike or boom headset. Both devices data are mentioning an output of
      > 400mv: what about the OTUSB?
      >
      > For information:
      > -Electro-voice model 903E:
      > http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=electro-voice%20model%20903e&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.electrovoice.com%2Fdownloadfile.php%3Fi%3D969939&ei=u-8yUZvQIMTusgaIiYGgCg&usg=AFQjCNGHxtDV9XZnicUAQHmDZ9YM52tUhw&bvm=bv.43148975,d.Yms
      >
      > - Sennheiser HME-45KA:
      > http://www.sennheiser.nl/sennheiser/old_manual.nsf/resources/HME45CA.pdf/$File/HME45CA.pdf
      >
      > Cyril

      > "f1mhv" wrote:
      > >
      > > Good -day- Scott ;-)
      > >
      > > Great!
      > >
      > > Cyril

      > Scott Miller wrote:
      > > >
      > > > There's already a capacitor on the OTUSB's output that will block DC.
      > > >
      > > > Scott

    • f1mhv
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
        unfortunately not: back with the hobby since 2/3 years after a 20 years break, i am still very basically equipped, no shack at home, operating mainly /AM et some /P.

        May be some software working with sound card to check audio output?

        Cyril

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2013
          Do you also have the HT jumper removed? If it's set, that will drag the
          audio level down considerably.

          Scott

          On 3/4/2013 2:36 AM, f1mhv wrote:
          > unfortunately not: back with the hobby since 2/3 years after a 20 years
          > break, i am still very basically equipped, no shack at home, operating
          > mainly /AM et some /P.
          >
          > May be some software working with sound card to check audio output?
          >
          > Cyril

          > Scott Miller wrote:
          > >
          > > I can't find my notes on the OTUSB output levels right now. Do you have
          > > an oscilloscope to check what it's putting out?
          > >
          > > Scott
          > >
          > > On 3/2/2013 10:57 PM, f1mhv wrote:
          > > > Good morning Scott,
          > > >
          > > > Last night i performed my first test on 30m operating /AM. Audio
          > setting
          > > > wise, HI jumper was set to high, and being able to monitor the AFSK
          > > > output thru headsets, even with TXLEVEL set to 255, i found the AFSK
          > > > level very weak (10 to 15%) compare to normal voice using dedicated
          > hand
          > > > mike or boom headset. Both devices data are mentioning an output of
          > > > 400mv: what about the OTUSB?

        • F1MHV
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 5, 2013
            No, HI is on and HT is OFF. I checked as well R4 R5 R6 and the values are correct excepted for R6 which shows 100k (version 1.2) compare to schematic diagram available on the wiki. But as long as HI shunt R6, it's not really a problem.
            I have done a new set of cables with an original M642/5-1 jack and i will perform thursday some tests again on 30m (DF1CHB-11).

            Cyril

            Le 5 mars 2013 à 18:15, Scott Miller <scott@...> a écrit :

            > Do you also have the HT jumper removed? If it's set, that will drag the
            > audio level down considerably.
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > On 3/4/2013 2:36 AM, f1mhv wrote:
            >> unfortunately not: back with the hobby since 2/3 years after a 20 years
            >> break, i am still very basically equipped, no shack at home, operating
            >> mainly /AM et some /P.
            >>
            >> May be some software working with sound card to check audio output?
            >>
            >> Cyril
            >>
            >> --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
            >> Scott Miller wrote:
            >>>
            >>> I can't find my notes on the OTUSB output levels right now. Do you have
            >>> an oscilloscope to check what it's putting out?
            >>>
            >>> Scott

            >> setting
            >> hand
          • K2DMS
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 5, 2013
              Cyril,

              I replied to your last question on our private conversation and your mail service rejected my message.

              [quote]

              Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
              The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
              each recipient was rejected.

              Recipient: <F1MHV@...>
              Reason: Too many spams from your IP (71.74.56.122), please visit http://postmaster.free.fr/
              [/quote]

              That apparently is the IP of Road Runner's MTA. Perhaps you get spam from there unrelated to our messages.

              In any case my answer was...

              "Mine is a v1.1 and I currently have R4 at 1.5k (was 6.8k) because the output was way too hot."

              73
              Danny
              K2DMS

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "f1mhv" <F1MHV@...> wrote:

              > unfortunately not: back with the hobby since 2/3 years after a 20 years break, i am still very basically equipped, no shack at home, operating mainly /AM et some /P.
              >
              > May be some software working with sound card to check audio output?
              >
              > Cyril

              > > I can't find my notes on the OTUSB output levels right now. Do you have
              > > an oscilloscope to check what it's putting out?
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >
              > > On 3/2/2013 10:57 PM, f1mhv wrote:
              > > > Good morning Scott,
              > > >
              > > > Last night i performed my first test on 30m operating /AM. Audio setting
              > > > wise, HI jumper was set to high, and being able to monitor the AFSK
              > > > output thru headsets, even with TXLEVEL set to 255, i found the AFSK
              > > > level very weak (10 to 15%) compare to normal voice using dedicated hand
              > > > mike or boom headset. Both devices data are mentioning an output of
              > > > 400mv: what about the OTUSB?

            • F1MHV
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 5, 2013
                Thank you for the feedback Danny. So i have options: to shunt R5 and/or to increase R4…

                73 de Cyril