[OT3] Serial ports and USB

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
      Greetings,

      Is it possible to use the USB AND the two serial ports at the same time?

      Also, I see DISPLAY as a Mode option. Is this for a future LCD display?

      Thanks!

      Best regards,

      Fred, N7FMH
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
        Yes, and yes. I'm experimenting with a Matrix Orbital graphical serial
        LCD, though it's got some limitations that might make it unsuitable.

        Scott

        On 3/1/2013 10:09 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > Is it possible to use the USB AND the two serial ports at the same time?
        >
        > Also, I see DISPLAY as a Mode option. Is this for a future LCD display?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Fred, N7FMH

      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
          Will you be adding GPS NMEA sentence pass-through at some point?

          Thanks!

          Best regards,
          Fred, N7FMH

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
            I plan to. Maybe not on the T2, since it doesn't have enough RAM to
            spare to buffer a line of NMEA data and a pass-through would be more
            complicated.

            Scott

            On 3/1/2013 11:44 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
            > Will you be adding GPS NMEA sentence pass-through at some point?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Fred, N7FMH

          • Fred Hillhouse