Re: [tracker2] Re: OT3m power relay on after digi

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
      How are you turning on and off the digi function? You could probably
      set up a script to do what you want.

      Scott

      On 2/11/2013 6:29 AM, Thomas wrote:

      > Scott Miller wrote:
      > >I understand the reason for that design. I am using the OT as an
      > unattended tracker and let the OT power up my radio when it's time for a
      > beacon. In attended mode I power on my radio manually and turn on the
      > digi function. When I go back to unattended mode I have to "power down"
      > the relay with the power off command or switch the power off and on to
      > the tracker.
      > Otherwise I leaves my radio with the power on.
      > But I can handle the situation know when I am aware of the design.
      >
      > Thanks
      > /Thomas
      >
      > > It was always assumed in the design that you wouldn't use power control
      > > with a digi, since it can't receive packets to digipeat when it's turned
      > > off...
      > >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > On 2/9/2013 2:11 AM, Thomas wrote:
      > > > It seems to be the same problem with power control when digi as for
      > aprs
      > > > message.
      > > > I am using my excellent tracker as a digipeater but the power relay
      > > > stays on after sending out the packet
      > > > Firmware: 56330
      > > >
      > > > Thomas SM0YOS

    • Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
        I am using the USEALIAS 1 ON/OFF command, good idea to set up a script
        I will try that

        Thomas

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013
          That's probably best. Even if I was to add power control to digi
          transmissions, it would be on a transmission-by-transmission basis and
          wouldn't do what you want. You can just define a macro, or use profile
          switching to alternate between attended and unattended operation.

          Scott