Re: [tracker2] Can the GTRANS cable allow you to send commands to the Kenwood D710?

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 11, 2013
      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

      >> You can access the messaging interface over the GPS port.
      >
      > Not with the GTRANS you can't. If there's messaging support on the GPS
      > port, it's for the AvMap. I don't think that was implemented when I got
      > my D710. Is there an update?

      Back up the train... I'm not sure where my head was when I wrote that!
      I think it might have been wishful thinking or something. The AvMap
      supports messaging via specific sentences, and Kenwood does not
      support them.

      I plead too many toys and not enough brain cells!

      I sure would like it if Kenwood would make a liar out of me though!

    • recompiler
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
        I'd be happy to help you test. I have the av map g6, t2-301, t3301. Right now using g6 with my Kenwood d700 and d710 but want to go back to using t3 every day without giving up av map.

        73
        KB3UOO

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
          Have you loaded up the development build firmware yet? I think it
          should be compiled in there, but I'll need to double check.

          Scott

          On 2/22/2013 11:45 PM, recompiler wrote:

          > I'd be happy to help you test. I have the av map g6, t2-301, t3301.
          > Right now using g6 with my Kenwood d700 and d710 but want to go back to
          > using t3 every day without giving up av map.
          >
          > 73
          > KB3UOO

          > Scott Miller wrote:
          > >
          > > I did implement AvMap support - it ought to be in the development built
          > > at least, but I haven't gotten around to documenting it yet. I'll be
          > > happy to jump on that if someone wants to do some beta testing.
          > >
          > > I saw a few in stock today. Some of them look a little different than
          > > the pictures - we just got a new board revision in that's about 1/3
          > > smaller and has the USB connector on the side to avoid having to route
          > > the cable at an odd angle, but otherwise it works the same.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > >
          > > On 2/11/2013 9:39 AM, offtracks1 wrote:
          > > > Been running Argent gear for a long time.
          > > >
          > > > My T2-301 and nuvi 350 has been a super package. Been looking and
          > making
          > > > some gear changes and I need some info on the T3-135 for the Alinco.
          > > >
          > > > Can it be connected to the New AvMap 6 and will messaging and all other
          > > > features work?
          > > >
          > > > Will it display weather data ect on the AvMap. like it would when
          > > > connected to a Kenwood?
          > > >
          > > > I see the it is currently out of stock, any idea to when it may be back
          > > > in stock?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > >
          > > > Scott KB7DZR

        • recompiler
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 28, 2013
            Not yet, was a little afraid to brick it with dev code but I will give it a try tonight.

            73
            KB3UOO