Re: OT3m power relay on after digi

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:
      >I understand the reason for that design. I am using the OT as an unattended tracker and let the OT power up my radio when it's time for a beacon. In attended mode I power on my radio manually and turn on the digi function. When I go back to unattended mode I have to "power down" the relay with the power off command or switch the power off and on to the tracker.
      Otherwise I leaves my radio with the power on.
      But I can handle the situation know when I am aware of the design.

      Thanks
      /Thomas

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
        How are you turning on and off the digi function? You could probably
        set up a script to do what you want.

        Scott

        On 2/11/2013 6:29 AM, Thomas wrote:

        > Scott Miller wrote:
        > >I understand the reason for that design. I am using the OT as an
        > unattended tracker and let the OT power up my radio when it's time for a
        > beacon. In attended mode I power on my radio manually and turn on the
        > digi function. When I go back to unattended mode I have to "power down"
        > the relay with the power off command or switch the power off and on to
        > the tracker.
        > Otherwise I leaves my radio with the power on.
        > But I can handle the situation know when I am aware of the design.
        >
        > Thanks
        > /Thomas
        >
        > > It was always assumed in the design that you wouldn't use power control
        > > with a digi, since it can't receive packets to digipeat when it's turned
        > > off...
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >
        > > On 2/9/2013 2:11 AM, Thomas wrote:
        > > > It seems to be the same problem with power control when digi as for
        > aprs
        > > > message.
        > > > I am using my excellent tracker as a digipeater but the power relay
        > > > stays on after sending out the packet
        > > > Firmware: 56330
        > > >
        > > > Thomas SM0YOS

      • Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
          I am using the USEALIAS 1 ON/OFF command, good idea to set up a script
          I will try that

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013
            That's probably best. Even if I was to add power control to digi
            transmissions, it would be on a transmission-by-transmission basis and
            wouldn't do what you want. You can just define a macro, or use profile
            switching to alternate between attended and unattended operation.

            Scott