OT3m power relay on after digi

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2013
      It seems to be the same problem with power control when digi as for aprs message.
      I am using my excellent tracker as a digipeater but the power relay stays on after sending out the packet
      Firmware: 56330

      Thomas SM0YOS
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2013
        It was always assumed in the design that you wouldn't use power control
        with a digi, since it can't receive packets to digipeat when it's turned
        off...

        Scott

        On 2/9/2013 2:11 AM, Thomas wrote:
        > It seems to be the same problem with power control when digi as for aprs
        > message.
        > I am using my excellent tracker as a digipeater but the power relay
        > stays on after sending out the packet
        > Firmware: 56330
        >
        > Thomas SM0YOS

      • Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:
          >I understand the reason for that design. I am using the OT as an unattended tracker and let the OT power up my radio when it's time for a beacon. In attended mode I power on my radio manually and turn on the digi function. When I go back to unattended mode I have to "power down" the relay with the power off command or switch the power off and on to the tracker.
          Otherwise I leaves my radio with the power on.
          But I can handle the situation know when I am aware of the design.

          Thanks
          /Thomas

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
            How are you turning on and off the digi function? You could probably
            set up a script to do what you want.

            Scott

            On 2/11/2013 6:29 AM, Thomas wrote:

            > Scott Miller wrote:
            > >I understand the reason for that design. I am using the OT as an
            > unattended tracker and let the OT power up my radio when it's time for a
            > beacon. In attended mode I power on my radio manually and turn on the
            > digi function. When I go back to unattended mode I have to "power down"
            > the relay with the power off command or switch the power off and on to
            > the tracker.
            > Otherwise I leaves my radio with the power on.
            > But I can handle the situation know when I am aware of the design.
            >
            > Thanks
            > /Thomas
            >
            > > It was always assumed in the design that you wouldn't use power control
            > > with a digi, since it can't receive packets to digipeat when it's turned
            > > off...
            > >
            > > Scott
            > >
            > > On 2/9/2013 2:11 AM, Thomas wrote:
            > > > It seems to be the same problem with power control when digi as for
            > aprs
            > > > message.
            > > > I am using my excellent tracker as a digipeater but the power relay
            > > > stays on after sending out the packet
            > > > Firmware: 56330
            > > >
            > > > Thomas SM0YOS

          • Thomas
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
              I am using the USEALIAS 1 ON/OFF command, good idea to set up a script
              I will try that

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013
                That's probably best. Even if I was to add power control to digi
                transmissions, it would be on a transmission-by-transmission basis and
                wouldn't do what you want. You can just define a macro, or use profile
                switching to alternate between attended and unattended operation.

                Scott