T2, T3, and OTUSB beta firmware updated

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013
      New beta releases are up (build 56330) for all three products. Fixes
      include:

      All: Power relay now switches off after APRS message packets

      OTUSB: Fixed interrupt glitch that could cause constant resetting on
      power-up in some circumstances.

      T3: Now enters low-power mode when not connected via USB. Supports
      DS18B20 for EXTTEMP command.

      T3-301: Fixed bug causing excessive power consumption in some
      configurations.

      This is a particularly significant update for the T3-301. If you have a
      T3-301 somewhere where it's easily accessible, this update is strongly
      recommended. This update can reduce current draw by 20 mA, on top of
      the new power save features.

      All T3 models now enable a low-power mode when USB is disconnected.
      (The OTUSB has always had a similar low-power mode, but a flaw in the
      Coldfire chip used in the T3 keeps USB from working properly in this mode.)

      If you're using a radio with a squelch signal available (including the
      T3-301) you can enable EXTSQL and the demodulator will shut down when no
      signal is present, to save power. With USB off and the demodulator shut
      down, the T3's current draw is down to about 34 mA at idle.

      Scott
    • Marcel S
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013

        Scott,

        You do some awesome work! Thank you for supporting your products so well and continuing to update their software with improvements and new features.

        Keep up the great work, we're all excited to see the next tricks up your sleeves (like the new T3 dongle!).

        73

        -Marcel AI6MS

        On Feb 7, 2013 7:37 PM, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

[...]

      • larry
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013
          I had to try quite a few times to get build 56330 to load in OT2M. Finally had some success when I had it use the present settings instead of defaults - wouldn't load that way.

          I haven't had time to try it yet - but will the LCD display work with this new build ?

          I also noticed in the config program temperature shows minus 460 degrees . The green RX LED stays on when exiting config program either way if software decode is selected or not.

          I just looked at findu and I see it reported 70F 31F in the status.

          Larry WT9M

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:

          > New beta releases are up (build 56330) for all three products. Fixes
          > include:
          >
          > All: Power relay now switches off after APRS message packets
          >
          > OTUSB: Fixed interrupt glitch that could cause constant resetting on
          > power-up in some circumstances.
          >
          > T3: Now enters low-power mode when not connected via USB. Supports
          > DS18B20 for EXTTEMP command.
          >
          > T3-301: Fixed bug causing excessive power consumption in some
          > configurations.
          >
          > This is a particularly significant update for the T3-301. If you have a
          > T3-301 somewhere where it's easily accessible, this update is strongly
          > recommended. This update can reduce current draw by 20 mA, on top of
          > the new power save features.
          >
          > All T3 models now enable a low-power mode when USB is disconnected.
          > (The OTUSB has always had a similar low-power mode, but a flaw in the
          > Coldfire chip used in the T3 keeps USB from working properly in this mode.)
          >
          > If you're using a radio with a squelch signal available (including the
          > T3-301) you can enable EXTSQL and the demodulator will shut down when no
          > signal is present, to save power. With USB off and the demodulator shut
          > down, the T3's current draw is down to about 34 mA at idle.
          >
          > Scott

        • larry
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013
            Just found out when I unplugged the programming cable coming from usb to serial to null modem - the green RX LED light went off .

            http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FWT9M-10&timerange=3600&tail=3600

            Larry WT9M

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
              LCD output isn't enabled in the present builds. I'll get back to that
              when I have time.

              Sounds like maybe you're having serial comm problems. Does disabling
              turbo mode make any difference?

              Scott