Re: [tracker2] Re: OT3m Power Control hang up

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
      On 5/02/2013 22:00, Thomas wrote:

      I am sending the SEND command via the serial terminal.
      The message from the send command are transmitted but the power from OT will not
      turn off after transmission.

      I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?

      --
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
    • Thomas
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Rob wrote:

        > On 5/02/2013 22:00, Thomas wrote:
        > >
        > > I am sending the SEND command via the serial terminal.
        > > The message from the send command are transmitted but the power from
        > > OT will not
        > > turn off after transmission.
        > >

        > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
        > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?
        >
        > --
        > Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN

        All acks seems to be received, no turn offs, I have wait for 60 min now.
        But if I send out a beacon it will be turned off direct

        Thomas SM0YOS
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
          > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
          > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?

          It's not doing that on purpose. I do remember recently fixing a power
          control hang on the OTUSB that might have been related, and the code is
          shared between the two. Is this still happening with the beta firmware?

          Scott
        • Thomas
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7, 2013
            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:

            > > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
            > > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?
            >
            > It's not doing that on purpose. I do remember recently fixing a power
            > control hang on the OTUSB that might have been related, and the code is
            > shared between the two. Is this still happening with the beta firmware?
            >
            > Scott

            I am running Tracker3 beta build 56294 downloaded from the web and
            it's still happening.

            Thomas

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2013
              I just uploaded new beta firmware. Should fix your problem.

              Scott

              On 2/7/2013 2:10 AM, Thomas wrote:

              > Scott Miller wrote:
              > >
              > > > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
              > > > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?
              > >
              > > It's not doing that on purpose. I do remember recently fixing a power
              > > control hang on the OTUSB that might have been related, and the code is
              > > shared between the two. Is this still happening with the beta firmware?
              > >
              > > Scott
              >
              > I am running Tracker3 beta build 56294 downloaded from the web and
              > it's still happening.
              >
              > Thomas

            • Thomas
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7, 2013
                --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:

                > I just uploaded new beta firmware. Should fix your problem.
                >
                > Scott

                Yes it did!
                Thanks

                Thomas