Re: [tracker2] Re: OT3m Power Control hang up

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5 6:00 PM
      On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Thomas <thomasbostrom1@...> wrote:

      > I am sending the commands from the serial console and I have the Power
      > Control enabled in the config. I want to have the same function as for
      > sending a beacon: Power on, beacon sent, Power off.
      > Power on, message sent, Power off

      Ah, got it... I mixed up the POWER and PULSE commands in the last
      message. I've played with PULSE XX not POWER XX.

      I can't recall for sure if there was something about the power staying
      on until a GPS lock is achieved so a position report can be sent or
      not. That might also be from the TT line. Scott might have more input.
      I'm not into playing with low power applications, so haven't delved
      into this area at all yet.

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6 12:22 AM
        On 5/02/2013 22:00, Thomas wrote:

        I am sending the SEND command via the serial terminal.
        The message from the send command are transmitted but the power from OT will not
        turn off after transmission.

        I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?

        --
        Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
      • Thomas
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6 5:16 AM
          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Rob wrote:

          > On 5/02/2013 22:00, Thomas wrote:
          > >
          > > I am sending the SEND command via the serial terminal.
          > > The message from the send command are transmitted but the power from
          > > OT will not
          > > turn off after transmission.
          > >

          > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
          > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?
          >
          > --
          > Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN

          All acks seems to be received, no turn offs, I have wait for 60 min now.
          But if I send out a beacon it will be turned off direct

          Thomas SM0YOS
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6 6:35 PM
            > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
            > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?

            It's not doing that on purpose. I do remember recently fixing a power
            control hang on the OTUSB that might have been related, and the code is
            shared between the two. Is this still happening with the beta firmware?

            Scott
          • Thomas
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7 2:10 AM
              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:

              > > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
              > > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?
              >
              > It's not doing that on purpose. I do remember recently fixing a power
              > control hang on the OTUSB that might have been related, and the code is
              > shared between the two. Is this still happening with the beta firmware?
              >
              > Scott

              I am running Tracker3 beta build 56294 downloaded from the web and
              it's still happening.

              Thomas

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7 11:38 AM
                I just uploaded new beta firmware. Should fix your problem.

                Scott

                On 2/7/2013 2:10 AM, Thomas wrote:

                > Scott Miller wrote:
                > >
                > > > I wonder if power stays on to allow reception of ack message? Have you
                > > > checked to see if it eventually turns off again after a minute or two?
                > >
                > > It's not doing that on purpose. I do remember recently fixing a power
                > > control hang on the OTUSB that might have been related, and the code is
                > > shared between the two. Is this still happening with the beta firmware?
                > >
                > > Scott
                >
                > I am running Tracker3 beta build 56294 downloaded from the web and
                > it's still happening.
                >
                > Thomas

              • Thomas
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 7 12:01 PM
                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller wrote:

                  > I just uploaded new beta firmware. Should fix your problem.
                  >
                  > Scott

                  Yes it did!
                  Thanks

                  Thomas