beacon sending problem

  • Burak
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      Dear All;
      I do not know if you talked about such a topic but I have a problem with my new otm3.

      The equipment: I edit the otwincfg file, if you want I can send it for checking. I use a commercial mobile radio (around 20 watt on 144.800MHZ). and I supplied 8 volt (I can supply 12V if needed) from the serial port to the otm3. My gps mouse is the one that I used before with tiny track - it works good. my jumper setting is "voltage select -5" - I am not shure about this adjustment?????

      The problem is: everything works great, otm3 makes my radio tx every 30 second. but the beacon is not an aprs beacon. it onlt makes tx-blank (if there is mic it will send voice I guess). I checked the cable connections (mic -speak -ptt) several time. Why can't I send aprs beacons? Do you have any idea?