Re: [tracker2] OT2M and WS1

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
      The WS1 will shut off its serial output if there's nothing on the serial
      input. If you're only connecting TXD to RXD that might be the problem.

      If you connect it to port B, you can use the SNOOP command to see if
      it's sending data.

      Scott

      On 1/26/2013 12:53 PM, larry wrote:
      > I was messing around today to see if I could run the serial data from
      > WS1 into port A of OT2M and have it run as a weather station. I have a
      > different OT2M setup as a digipeater/weather station using LaCrosse
      > weather station as the input and it works.
      >
      > I couldn't get any weather packets out from this new setup. I had port A
      > set as 2400 baud auto , fixed GPS position, and WX symbol but didn't see
      > any weather data .
      >
      > I didn't use any null modem cable - just same output from WS1 that will
      > read 2400 baud data in a terminal program.
      >
      > Any ideas ?
      >
      > Larry WT9M

    • wt9m
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 25, 2013
        Okay - almost a year later I finally got back to this project .
        Using WS1 to input 2400 baud data into B port on OT2M .
        Set OT2M port B to Auto , WT9M-8 symbol set to WX , transmit every 5 minutes , checked the snoop command and saw data . So should be good to go.

        I also set it up to be a two hop wide digipeater since this valley isn't too well served . I guess that was the main reason I messed around with this instead of leaving it just use the WS1 to do the transmitting wx data. I also have an LCD display connected to the OT2M so at least I can also monitor the stations it is receiving.

        I have the status set every 5 transmissions - does that mean that it will also send the wx data also during along with the data every 5 transmissions ?

        Larry WT9M