Re: Tracker3 USB dongle

  • Larry Sack
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 25, 2013
      Scott,

      Cool stuff with the dongle. What kind of connector is that for the audio? Must be a four conductor deal . . .

      What kind of applications do you see for this device? With the USB power packs out there, this thing could run for a very long time next to a HT.

      Same code as the OT3m?

      Larry Sack, N8QNM
    • rcgreenw
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 25, 2013
        > I could, but they'd be hard to program. I've got another (not as small)
        > board on the way that has a mini-USB connector.

        I would go with the mini-USB. Most of us already have a mini-USB cable (or several) lying around, and there are lots of mini-USB power supplies already on the market.

        --Rich
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 31, 2013
          It's a 4-conductor 3.5mm jack. Right now my biggest problem with the
          design is that I either need to eliminate the HT and HI jumpers or make
          it easy to open the case.

          I see this as being potentially useful for laptop setups where you don't
          want to mess with a sound card packet interface. Should also be useful
          for simple embedded applications that don't need extra I/Os.

          Yes, it's still a T3. The code is exactly the same.

          Scott

          On 1/25/2013 5:23 AM, Larry Sack wrote:
          > Scott,
          >
          > Cool stuff with the dongle. What kind of connector is that for the
          > audio? Must be a four conductor deal . . .
          >
          > What kind of applications do you see for this device? With the USB power
          > packs out there, this thing could run for a very long time next to a HT.
          >
          > Same code as the OT3m?
          >
          > Larry Sack, N8QNM

        • Matthew Cook
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 31, 2013
            No spare I/O ? Couple of well placed MOSFET's and make it a software option.

            73's

            Matthew
            VK5ZM

            On 1 February 2013 08:53, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            It's a 4-conductor 3.5mm jack.  Right now my biggest problem with the
            design is that I either need to eliminate the HT and HI jumpers or make
            it easy to open the case.

            I see this as being potentially useful for laptop setups where you don't
            want to mess with a sound card packet interface.  Should also be useful
            for simple embedded applications that don't need extra I/Os.

            Yes, it's still a T3.  The code is exactly the same.

            Scott

            On 1/25/2013 5:23 AM, Larry Sack wrote:
            > Scott,
            >
            > Cool stuff with the dongle. What kind of connector is that for the
            > audio? Must be a four conductor deal . . .
            >
            > What kind of applications do you see for this device? With the USB power
            > packs out there, this thing could run for a very long time next to a HT.
            >
            > Same code as the OT3m?
            >
            > Larry Sack, N8QNM

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            Matthew
            VK5ZM
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 31, 2013
              That's the idea right now, but it's a pretty tight squeeze already, and
              I'm reluctant to add one more firmware variation.

              Scott