Re: [tracker2] Re: Tracker3 USB dongle

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 24, 2013
      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

      >> Do you have any photos, construction images, or drawings of the D710
      >> interface?
      >

      > Umm nope, never documented or blogged it.  It's embarrasingly all held
      > together with hot-melt glue, chocks of foam and other such things.   Happy
      > to scribble something on some paper if you like, there was something from a
      > US supplier that was similar that I copied.  Will see if I can find the URL
      > when I get home from work.

      Here's a real simple schematic for powering up a BT module and interfacing to a serial port. Dan YO3GGX uses this configuration for creating a BlueCat interface.
      Inline image 1
      This should work for the D710. It can be fed with the 8 volts available in the head.

    • Larry Sack
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 25, 2013
        Scott,

        Cool stuff with the dongle. What kind of connector is that for the audio? Must be a four conductor deal . . .

        What kind of applications do you see for this device? With the USB power packs out there, this thing could run for a very long time next to a HT.

        Same code as the OT3m?

        Larry Sack, N8QNM
      • rcgreenw
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 25, 2013
          > I could, but they'd be hard to program. I've got another (not as small)
          > board on the way that has a mini-USB connector.

          I would go with the mini-USB. Most of us already have a mini-USB cable (or several) lying around, and there are lots of mini-USB power supplies already on the market.

          --Rich
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 31, 2013
            It's a 4-conductor 3.5mm jack. Right now my biggest problem with the
            design is that I either need to eliminate the HT and HI jumpers or make
            it easy to open the case.

            I see this as being potentially useful for laptop setups where you don't
            want to mess with a sound card packet interface. Should also be useful
            for simple embedded applications that don't need extra I/Os.

            Yes, it's still a T3. The code is exactly the same.

            Scott

            On 1/25/2013 5:23 AM, Larry Sack wrote:
            > Scott,
            >
            > Cool stuff with the dongle. What kind of connector is that for the
            > audio? Must be a four conductor deal . . .
            >
            > What kind of applications do you see for this device? With the USB power
            > packs out there, this thing could run for a very long time next to a HT.
            >
            > Same code as the OT3m?
            >
            > Larry Sack, N8QNM

          • Matthew Cook
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 31, 2013
              No spare I/O ? Couple of well placed MOSFET's and make it a software option.

              73's

              Matthew
              VK5ZM

              On 1 February 2013 08:53, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              It's a 4-conductor 3.5mm jack.  Right now my biggest problem with the
              design is that I either need to eliminate the HT and HI jumpers or make
              it easy to open the case.

              I see this as being potentially useful for laptop setups where you don't
              want to mess with a sound card packet interface.  Should also be useful
              for simple embedded applications that don't need extra I/Os.

              Yes, it's still a T3.  The code is exactly the same.

              Scott

              On 1/25/2013 5:23 AM, Larry Sack wrote:
              > Scott,
              >
              > Cool stuff with the dongle. What kind of connector is that for the
              > audio? Must be a four conductor deal . . .
              >
              > What kind of applications do you see for this device? With the USB power
              > packs out there, this thing could run for a very long time next to a HT.
              >
              > Same code as the OT3m?
              >
              > Larry Sack, N8QNM

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              --
              Matthew
              VK5ZM
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 31, 2013
                That's the idea right now, but it's a pretty tight squeeze already, and
                I'm reluctant to add one more firmware variation.

                Scott