Home built cable question help

  • chad
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
      I had built a cable for my tracker a while back but I found out about the ot3m -- bought it and ready to get it up and running !!

      I had built it for my htx 242 based off the byonics m7p cable -- http://www.byonics.com/cables/m7p.png

      It has pin 7 12v and pin 6 as ground -- will this cause any issues when I plug it into the ot3m or should I take those pins out of my connector

      Here is what I built
      http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q661/kj4vyi/A13107B2-E01D-4162-952D-AC86468FF739-10065-0000011D334AD3F1_zps9db687f7.jpg

      http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q661/kj4vyi/2127185D-85D8-434F-8D63-D8ABA98984B3-10065-0000011D3130064A_zps8a3bfffc.jpg

      I added power poles to the serial side and the rj45 side du to the radio being installed in the back of the truck and the ot3m in the front of the truck -- used a cat6 cable will be connected to the nuvi350 with the fmi cable

      Any issues y'all could think of by leaving the pin 6 & pin 7 in -- can you power the ot3m that way or not -- I skimmed the manual for an answer but I think I'll skim again

      Thanks

      Chad
      Kj4vyi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013
        On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM, chad <digitalmaddog01@...> wrote:

        > I had built a cable for my tracker a while back but I found out about the ot3m
        > -- bought it and ready to get it up and running !!
        >
        > I had built it for my htx 242 based off the byonics m7p cable --
        > http://www.byonics.com/cables/m7p.png
        >
        > It has pin 7 12v and pin 6 as ground -- will this cause any issues when I plug
        > it into the ot3m or should I take those pins out of my connector

        Have you looked at the radio connector pinout for an OT3 yet?

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Radio_Wiring

        Specifically, pin 6 Ground and Pin 7 Power Input.

        Scott and Byon both followed the Kantronics pinout.