Re: [tracker2] Re: Serial ports on the T3-135

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 18, 2013
      They're not linked, but the console will only work on one at a time,
      with preference for USB. Port A could be stuck in TEXT mode, but that's
      not an option for the USB port. If it's in KISS mode, a bunch of
      control-C's should fix it. TEXT mode too, if you've got the recent beta
      firmware.

      And you should always be able to get into otwincfg on the serial port
      from a cold start.

      Don't feel bad about reading the pin numbers backwards, the connector
      wound up backwards on the T3-135, the same mistake I made and later
      fixed on the T2-135. I think the library part was numbered backwards or
      something. The fix was easy enough, just mount the connector on the
      other side of the board.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2013
        Is that on the serial port or USB?

        Scott

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 18, 2013
          The USB port should never be stuck in converse mode - it doesn't have
          TEXT mode as an option.

          Try a cold boot on port A. It'll try to talk to otwincfg before it even
          loads the configuration.

          Scott

        • ve7ltd
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
            That is weird - Port A and the USB were linked. If I typed letters on the USB through the linux console on /dev/ttyACM0 at 9600 baud, I read them on the serial port connected to port A at 9600 baud.

            I can't seem to get it out of TEXT mode. I have moved onto T3-135 number 2 :)

            The USB was definitely in text mode - Hooked at 9600 baud, everything I typed went straight out the air via the TNC.

            Is there any way to hold a pin to ground to force a base configuration? I think I have tried everything to get this thing to read in OTWINCFG.

            Will leave it for a few days and see where I get.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013

              http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Safe_Mode