Re: [tracker2] T2 as APRS/Winlink Digipeater

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2013
      To clarify, this is to support packets (digi'd or through KISS) used by
      connected mode applications, and is *not* a connected mode AX.25 stack
      in itself.

      The most important thing I found is that some very small packets were
      getting dropped as invalid. No APRS packet would be that small, so it
      hadn't turned up in APRS operation. It shouldn't affect digi operation,
      though, because the presence of a digi path would make it larger than
      that threshold.

      Scott

      On 1/15/2013 6:48 PM, Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) wrote:
      > Scott,
      >
      > This is the T2 firmware to support connected mode packets? I would
      > not mind testing, but let me see if I have a spare T2 to do this
      > first. Another one has been sent for packaging for another hill top
      > digi.
      >
      > Has there been any previous success getting connected packets digied
      > via the T2 in the past?
      >
      > 73, Sion, 9M2CQC
      >
      > Quoting Scott Miller scott@... <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>>:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I've been doing a lot of testing with the T3 lately for connected mode
      > > use, and there are a couple of easy tweaks I can back-port to the T2.
      > > If you've got a setup you'd like to test (that you can access easily to
      > > update) let me know and I'll send you a new firmware version.
      > >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > On 1/15/2013 5:58 PM, Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) wrote:
      > >> Dear All,
      > >>
      > >> We are using 2 units of T2s as mountain top WIDE digipeaters for 2M
      > >> and 70cm. As we are seeing very low usage on the 70cm side, we would
      > >> like to add some other packet services such as BBS and/or Winlink.
      > >>
      > >> I understand this has been asked before, but I like to get a final
      > >> confirmation whether the T2 can support digipeating of BBS and/or
      > >> Winlink packets? I have tried looking around and I see that the T2
      > >> does not support Winlink when connected to a host computer, but am not
      > >> sure if this would work as a digipeater.
      > >>
      > >> Thank you.
      > >>
      > >> 73,
      > >> Sion Chow Q. C.,
      > >> 9M2CQC, WQ2C

    • Sion Chow Q. C.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2013
        Yes Scott, that is correct.

        Thanks for the information - we will try that out as time permits.

        73, Sion, 9M2CQC