Re: [tracker2] Re: T3-301 not transmitting or receiving

  • Chris Meyer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
      Try a null modem cable (cheap from Monoprice
      http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10212&cs_id=1021205&p_id=477&seq=1&format=2).
      I've lost the ability to reprogram my OTUSB multiple times and have
      had 100% success reflashing/reconnecting to it with a null modem cable. Also, make sure you actually pin out the cable if you're pulling it out of a drawer. I had a cable that I thought was a null modem, but the incorrect pins were crossed and it took longer than it should have to realize what the issue was.

      You should be able to just set a static (fixed) GPS coordinates without having a GPS plugged in but I haven't tried it on mine to confirm that it does work.

      Chris

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
        The latest beta firmware version includes a safe mode - if you mess up
        your configuration, you can still force it back to defaults and access
        it via USB.

        Scott