Re: T3-301 not transmitting or receiving

  • Steve Conover
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
      Chris,
      Thanks for the ideas.  I'm not able to make any setting changes the way it is now.  I have access to another GPS and can try that in a day or two.

      I have been using USB.  With serial, would I use a straight serial to serial cable or a null modem cable?

      Thanks,

      Steve
      KZ7SMC
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
        All of our trackers except the T2-135/T3-135 use a null modem cable.

        Scott

        On 1/10/2013 5:07 PM, Steve Conover wrote:
        > Chris,
        > Thanks for the ideas. I'm not able to make any setting changes the way
        > it is now. I have access to another GPS and can try that in a day or two.
        >
        > I have been using USB. With serial, would I use a straight serial to
        > serial cable or a null modem cable?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Steve
        > KZ7SMC

      • Chris Meyer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
          Try a null modem cable (cheap from Monoprice
          http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10212&cs_id=1021205&p_id=477&seq=1&format=2).
          I've lost the ability to reprogram my OTUSB multiple times and have
          had 100% success reflashing/reconnecting to it with a null modem cable. Also, make sure you actually pin out the cable if you're pulling it out of a drawer. I had a cable that I thought was a null modem, but the incorrect pins were crossed and it took longer than it should have to realize what the issue was.

          You should be able to just set a static (fixed) GPS coordinates without having a GPS plugged in but I haven't tried it on mine to confirm that it does work.

          Chris

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
            The latest beta firmware version includes a safe mode - if you mess up
            your configuration, you can still force it back to defaults and access
            it via USB.

            Scott