Re: [tracker2] T3-301 not transmitting or receiving

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
      Did you download the firmware file manually or using the 'web' button?
      If it was manual, can you send me a copy off-list? A few people have
      reported that bug and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

      As for TX/RX not working, have you tried using the PTT button in the
      tuning/diagnostics menu to key the transmitter?

      Scott

      On 1/10/2013 6:24 AM, Steve Conover wrote:
      > I'm experiencing a problem with my T3-301 in that the power LED comes on
      > but the Tx/Rx LED never does. I can transmit over another radio and
      > receive on a third, but nothing shows up on the T3-301. Also, I have it
      > set for a 3 minute beacon but the transmit light never flashes and I
      > receive nothing on other nearby units.
      >
      > The unit had been working fine, then started malfunctioning and I
      > discovered two broken wires in the cable to the GPS unit. Repaired those
      > and now no Tx/Rx.
      >
      > Tried loading the 56133 file from the internet to see if I had corrupted
      > the original file somehow. When I click on 'Load' for the 56133 config,
      > I get a message "Invalid Address 8000 (valid range 0000 to 8000).
      >
      > Have I blown something in the Friendcom? Any help would be appreciated.
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Steve

    • Steve Conover
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
        Chris,
        Thanks for the ideas.  I'm not able to make any setting changes the way it is now.  I have access to another GPS and can try that in a day or two.

        I have been using USB.  With serial, would I use a straight serial to serial cable or a null modem cable?

        Thanks,

        Steve
        KZ7SMC
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
          All of our trackers except the T2-135/T3-135 use a null modem cable.

          Scott

          On 1/10/2013 5:07 PM, Steve Conover wrote:
          > Chris,
          > Thanks for the ideas. I'm not able to make any setting changes the way
          > it is now. I have access to another GPS and can try that in a day or two.
          >
          > I have been using USB. With serial, would I use a straight serial to
          > serial cable or a null modem cable?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Steve
          > KZ7SMC

        • Chris Meyer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
            Try a null modem cable (cheap from Monoprice
            http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10212&cs_id=1021205&p_id=477&seq=1&format=2).
            I've lost the ability to reprogram my OTUSB multiple times and have
            had 100% success reflashing/reconnecting to it with a null modem cable. Also, make sure you actually pin out the cable if you're pulling it out of a drawer. I had a cable that I thought was a null modem, but the incorrect pins were crossed and it took longer than it should have to realize what the issue was.

            You should be able to just set a static (fixed) GPS coordinates without having a GPS plugged in but I haven't tried it on mine to confirm that it does work.

            Chris

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
              The latest beta firmware version includes a safe mode - if you mess up
              your configuration, you can still force it back to defaults and access
              it via USB.

              Scott