Re: [tracker2] T3 and OTUSB build 56294 posted

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      On 3/01/2013 13:33, James Ewen wrote:

      In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
      least two pointers to OTWINCFG.

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
      http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
      to be n old version.

      https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html points to
      https://www.argentdata.com/products/firmware/otwincfg.exe which comes
      up with a 404 error.

      This one is dated 02 Jan 2013

      --
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
        > Is this on SVN or somewhere else?

        Otwincfg 'web' option. Just posted the new manual update, too. I'll
        update the static links on the site once the new versions are out of beta.

        > In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
        > least two pointers to OTWINCFG.
        >
        > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
        > http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
        > to be n old version.

        This should be current. I uploaded a new version today that adds
        'Result' to the B counter list. The bad links were a result of a site
        reorganization - I missed some relative links that needed to be updated.
        I think I've got them all now.

        Next I've got to revisit the OTUSB manual and sync it up with the T3 manual.

        Be sure to ping me if there's anything missing from the site or user's
        manual - I'm making a concerted effort to get all of the documentation
        cleaned up, remove some duplication, and generally make sure you can
        find everything you need regardless of where you come in to the site from.

        Scott
      • Chris Meyer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
          I'm unable to install the latest (beta) firmware, I get:

          ---------------------------
          otwincfg
          ---------------------------
          Verify error at block 0xde00
          ---------------------------
          OK
          ---------------------------

          ---------------------------
          otwincfg
          ---------------------------
          Configuration write failed
          ---------------------------
          OK
          ---------------------------

          I've attempted updating from a local file as well as using the web update and pointing it to the latest beta firmware.

          Any ideas? It's 100% consistent, I've pulled all other versions of
          firmware and am able to successfully write everything but the latest
          version. I have an OTUSB.

          Chris

          On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

          > **
          >

          > > Is this on SVN or somewhere else?
          >
          > Otwincfg 'web' option. Just posted the new manual update, too. I'll
          > update the static links on the site once the new versions are out of beta.
          >

          > > In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
          > > least two pointers to OTWINCFG.
          > >
          > > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
          > > http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
          > > to be n old version.
          >
          > This should be current. I uploaded a new version today that adds
          > 'Result' to the B counter list. The bad links were a result of a site
          > reorganization - I missed some relative links that needed to be updated.
          > I think I've got them all now.
          >
          > Next I've got to revisit the OTUSB manual and sync it up with the T3
          > manual.
          >
          > Be sure to ping me if there's anything missing from the site or user's
          > manual - I'm making a concerted effort to get all of the documentation
          > cleaned up, remove some duplication, and generally make sure you can
          > find everything you need regardless of where you come in to the site from.
          >
          > Scott

        • caimaver
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
            I was getting the same error repeatedly when trying to update to the beta firmware on my OTUSB over the USB connection. It also seemed to lock the OTUSB into an endless reset cycle. I was able to fix it, and upgrade to the beta firmware, by connecting to Port A (the RS-232 port) through a USB:RS-232 converter and null-modem adapter. Hope that helps!

            - Cai / W6CAI

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
              How old is this unit? And are you running the latest otwincfg?

              The significance of 0xde00 is that it's the start of the USB bootloader.
              The OTUSB can't update that when it's connected via USB. (The T3, on
              the other hand, can update itself - that's what it's doing when it shows
              the three update stages.) However, that code normally doesn't change
              from release to release. It's possible I messed up and changed
              something there. If that's the case, you can load the new firmware via
              serial.

              Scott