T3 and OTUSB build 56294 posted

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hi all,

      It's a new year and I'm working hard to get a bunch of firmware and
      documentation stuff done. New beta firmware for both the T3 and OTUSB
      has been posted. I'll be moving this out of beta ASAP because I think
      the new safe mode feature and RESET DEFAULT command will save users some
      trouble and save me some support calls.

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Safe_Mode

      Also, good news for anyone using scripting. Pretty much all of the
      command line commands now return a result value to the script engine -
      sort of like the old DOS Errorlevel command. You'll need the new
      version of otwincfg to add the 'result' counter. Return values will be
      documented in the manual shortly (hopefully tonight), but if you're in a
      hurry check command.c in the SVN repository and it's all documented there.

      The commands ANALOG and GPIO have been added. ANALOG reads the
      specified analog input - this is mostly for script use. GPIO
      ON/OFF/TOGGLE/IN sets, clears, toggles, or reads (again for script use)
      the state of a general-purpose I/O pin. ANALOG and GPIO pin assignments
      are shown here:

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Telemetry

      This should also make it into the manual tonight. Also, there's a new
      ECHO command because the print commands had no way to write to USB.
      ECHO writes to whatever the active console is.

      No T2 updates at the moment - it's maxed out on code space and won't
      take these updates. I'll work at paring things down later. The OTUSB
      has around 200 bytes free.

      Scott

      Change log highlights:

      Fixed crash on certain script calls to non-existent commands
      TEXT mode now uses power control properly
      Control-C now exits TEXT mode, OTWINCFG works in TEXT mode
      Tweaked SW_DCD to decay slower for more steady CD indication
      Added safe mode and RESET DEFAULT command
      Added GPIO command with AUX_IO and GPIO1
      Added ANALOG command
      Added ECHO command for console output including USB
      Added returns to all appropriate commands for scripting
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
        On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

        > New beta firmware for both the T3 and OTUSB
        > has been posted.

        Is this on SVN or somewhere else?

        > Also, good news for anyone using scripting. Pretty much all of the
        > command line commands now return a result value to the script engine -
        > sort of like the old DOS Errorlevel command. You'll need the new
        > version of otwincfg to add the 'result' counter. Return values will be
        > documented in the manual shortly (hopefully tonight), but if you're in a
        > hurry check command.c in the SVN repository and it's all documented there.

        In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
        least two pointers to OTWINCFG.

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
        http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
        to be n old version.

        https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html points to
        https://www.argentdata.com/products/firmware/otwincfg.exe which comes
        up with a 404 error.

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
          On 3/01/2013 13:33, James Ewen wrote:

          In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
          least two pointers to OTWINCFG.

          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
          http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
          to be n old version.

          https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html points to
          https://www.argentdata.com/products/firmware/otwincfg.exe which comes
          up with a 404 error.

          This one is dated 02 Jan 2013

          --
          Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
            > Is this on SVN or somewhere else?

            Otwincfg 'web' option. Just posted the new manual update, too. I'll
            update the static links on the site once the new versions are out of beta.

            > In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
            > least two pointers to OTWINCFG.
            >
            > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
            > http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
            > to be n old version.

            This should be current. I uploaded a new version today that adds
            'Result' to the B counter list. The bad links were a result of a site
            reorganization - I missed some relative links that needed to be updated.
            I think I've got them all now.

            Next I've got to revisit the OTUSB manual and sync it up with the T3 manual.

            Be sure to ping me if there's anything missing from the site or user's
            manual - I'm making a concerted effort to get all of the documentation
            cleaned up, remove some duplication, and generally make sure you can
            find everything you need regardless of where you come in to the site from.

            Scott
          • Chris Meyer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
              I'm unable to install the latest (beta) firmware, I get:

              ---------------------------
              otwincfg
              ---------------------------
              Verify error at block 0xde00
              ---------------------------
              OK
              ---------------------------

              ---------------------------
              otwincfg
              ---------------------------
              Configuration write failed
              ---------------------------
              OK
              ---------------------------

              I've attempted updating from a local file as well as using the web update and pointing it to the latest beta firmware.

              Any ideas? It's 100% consistent, I've pulled all other versions of
              firmware and am able to successfully write everything but the latest
              version. I have an OTUSB.

              Chris

              On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

              > **
              >

              > > Is this on SVN or somewhere else?
              >
              > Otwincfg 'web' option. Just posted the new manual update, too. I'll
              > update the static links on the site once the new versions are out of beta.
              >

              > > In searching for a copy of the new OTWINCFG, I found there are at
              > > least two pointers to OTWINCFG.
              > >
              > > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG points to
              > > http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe which appears
              > > to be n old version.
              >
              > This should be current. I uploaded a new version today that adds
              > 'Result' to the B counter list. The bad links were a result of a site
              > reorganization - I missed some relative links that needed to be updated.
              > I think I've got them all now.
              >
              > Next I've got to revisit the OTUSB manual and sync it up with the T3
              > manual.
              >
              > Be sure to ping me if there's anything missing from the site or user's
              > manual - I'm making a concerted effort to get all of the documentation
              > cleaned up, remove some duplication, and generally make sure you can
              > find everything you need regardless of where you come in to the site from.
              >
              > Scott

            • caimaver
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 2013
                I was getting the same error repeatedly when trying to update to the beta firmware on my OTUSB over the USB connection. It also seemed to lock the OTUSB into an endless reset cycle. I was able to fix it, and upgrade to the beta firmware, by connecting to Port A (the RS-232 port) through a USB:RS-232 converter and null-modem adapter. Hope that helps!

                - Cai / W6CAI

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
                  How old is this unit? And are you running the latest otwincfg?

                  The significance of 0xde00 is that it's the start of the USB bootloader.
                  The OTUSB can't update that when it's connected via USB. (The T3, on
                  the other hand, can update itself - that's what it's doing when it shows
                  the three update stages.) However, that code normally doesn't change
                  from release to release. It's possible I messed up and changed
                  something there. If that's the case, you can load the new firmware via
                  serial.

                  Scott