Re: [tracker2] Tracker3 and Baofeng UV-5R

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2012
      Mike KD0TGR wrote...

      > I got my OTM3 today... I've got a Baofeng UV-5R right now.
      > Assuming I had a stereo 3.5mm plug, a stereo 2.5mm plug,
      > and a db9 to wire the thing up, would it work to get on the
      > air with for now?

      Yes, this should work. The UV-5R uses "Kenwood" style
      connectors. You can make your own cable, but Scott carries
      them with a moulded plug.

      > I searched for info on the UV-5R on this group but didn't
      > find anything and a search on the opentracker group found
      > only the UV-3R which might be the same setup but I don't
      > have one so I don't know.

      A "Kenwood" style connector will work with most Kenwoods,
      the Wouxun, KG-UVD1P etc. as well as the Baofeng UV-3R,
      UV-5R, and the Puxing PX-777, PX-888 and many other Chinese
      HTs.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH