Re: [tracker2] T2-301 Serial Port

  • Matthew Cook
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
      Thanks Rob,

      You've got better eye's than me.. didn't spot the circuit on the website anywhere...

      I'll call that a real serial port then :)

      --
      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On 24 December 2012 10:09, Rob <vk6ufo@...> wrote:

      Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer here to pull apart :-(

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png

      Looks like a MAX232 or similar

      --
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
        Hi Matthew,

        It's an equivalent - usually an ST202 in 5v designs and a MAX3232 in 3v
        designs.

        Sorry the schematic is hard to find. I reorganized a bunch of the
        website and parts of the wiki yesterday, and things should generally be
        getting better. You can actually find the T3-301 schematic from the
        product page now if you know to follow the wiki link. I'll get it added
        to the main page later.

        Scott

        On 12/23/2012 4:21 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > Thanks Rob,
        >

        > You've got better eye's than me.. didn't spot the circuit on the website
        > anywhere...
        >
        > I'll call that a real serial port then :)
        >
        > --
        > Matthew
        > VK5ZM
        >
        > On 24 December 2012 10:09, Rob <vk6ufo@...
        > <mailto:vk6ufo@...>> wrote:
        >
        > __
        >

        >> Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer
        >> here to pull apart :-(
        >
        > http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png
        >
        > Looks like a MAX232 or similar
        >
        > --
        > Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN

      • Matthew Cook
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
          Hi Scott,

          No problem.  When Rob sent through the schematic I felt a little silly... I did go and look before asking *honest*, thought I might need glasses ?!?  But I'll blame the website rearrangement for the time being ;-)

          Anyway the new low power ARPS i-Gate/digi is taking shape. The OTUSB's are doing a very good job decoding the on air traffic in KISS serial mode.

          My T2-301 (or a new T3-301 still undecided) is going to be pressed into service within this system, so I was trying to work out how much of a serial port I had to make to interface to the T2-301.  In short two transistors, one MOSFET, two diodes and few jelly bean parts is all I needed.

          Thanks to everyone for the help.

          73's

          Matthew
          VK5ZM

          On 24 December 2012 15:45, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          Hi Matthew,

          It's an equivalent - usually an ST202 in 5v designs and a MAX3232 in 3v
          designs.

          Sorry the schematic is hard to find.  I reorganized a bunch of the
          website and parts of the wiki yesterday, and things should generally be
          getting better.  You can actually find the T3-301 schematic from the
          product page now if you know to follow the wiki link.  I'll get it added
          to the main page later.

          Scott

          On 12/23/2012 4:21 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > Thanks Rob,
          >

          > You've got better eye's than me.. didn't spot the circuit on the website
          > anywhere...
          >
          > I'll call that a real serial port then :)
          >
          > --
          > Matthew
          > VK5ZM
          >
          > On 24 December 2012 10:09, Rob <vk6ufo@...
          > <mailto:vk6ufo@...>> wrote:
          >
          >     __
          >

          >>     Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer
          >>     here to pull apart :-(
          >
          >     http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png
          >
          >     Looks like a MAX232 or similar
          >
          >     --