Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [tracker2] T2-301 Serial Port

Expand Messages
  • Rob
    ... http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png Looks like a MAX232 or similar -- Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012

      Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer here to pull apart :-(

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png

      Looks like a MAX232 or similar

      -- 
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
    • Matthew Cook
      Thanks Rob, You ve got better eye s than me.. didn t spot the circuit on the website anywhere... I ll call that a real serial port then :) -- Matthew VK5ZM
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
        Thanks Rob,

        You've got better eye's than me.. didn't spot the circuit on the website anywhere...

        I'll call that a real serial port then :)

        -- 
        Matthew
        VK5ZM

        On 24 December 2012 10:09, Rob <vk6ufo@...> wrote:
         


        Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer here to pull apart :-(

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png

        Looks like a MAX232 or similar

        -- 
        Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN





      • Scott Miller
        Hi Matthew, It s an equivalent - usually an ST202 in 5v designs and a MAX3232 in 3v designs. Sorry the schematic is hard to find. I reorganized a bunch of the
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
          Hi Matthew,

          It's an equivalent - usually an ST202 in 5v designs and a MAX3232 in 3v
          designs.

          Sorry the schematic is hard to find. I reorganized a bunch of the
          website and parts of the wiki yesterday, and things should generally be
          getting better. You can actually find the T3-301 schematic from the
          product page now if you know to follow the wiki link. I'll get it added
          to the main page later.

          Scott

          On 12/23/2012 4:21 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > Thanks Rob,
          >
          >
          > You've got better eye's than me.. didn't spot the circuit on the website
          > anywhere...
          >
          > I'll call that a real serial port then :)
          >
          > --
          > Matthew
          > VK5ZM
          >
          > On 24 December 2012 10:09, Rob <vk6ufo@...
          > <mailto:vk6ufo@...>> wrote:
          >
          > __
          >
          >
          >> Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer
          >> here to pull apart :-(
          >
          > http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png
          >
          > Looks like a MAX232 or similar
          >
          > --
          > Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
        • Matthew Cook
          Hi Scott, No problem. When Rob sent through the schematic I felt a little silly... I did go and look before asking *honest*, thought I might need glasses ?!?
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
            Hi Scott,

            No problem.  When Rob sent through the schematic I felt a little silly... I did go and look before asking *honest*, thought I might need glasses ?!?  But I'll blame the website rearrangement for the time being ;-)

            Anyway the new low power ARPS i-Gate/digi is taking shape. The OTUSB's are doing a very good job decoding the on air traffic in KISS serial mode.

            My T2-301 (or a new T3-301 still undecided) is going to be pressed into service within this system, so I was trying to work out how much of a serial port I had to make to interface to the T2-301.  In short two transistors, one MOSFET, two diodes and few jelly bean parts is all I needed.

            Thanks to everyone for the help.

            73's

            Matthew
            VK5ZM

            On 24 December 2012 15:45, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            Hi Matthew,

            It's an equivalent - usually an ST202 in 5v designs and a MAX3232 in 3v
            designs.

            Sorry the schematic is hard to find.  I reorganized a bunch of the
            website and parts of the wiki yesterday, and things should generally be
            getting better.  You can actually find the T3-301 schematic from the
            product page now if you know to follow the wiki link.  I'll get it added
            to the main page later.

            Scott

            On 12/23/2012 4:21 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
            > Thanks Rob,
            >
            >
            > You've got better eye's than me.. didn't spot the circuit on the website
            > anywhere...
            >
            > I'll call that a real serial port then :)
            >
            > --
            > Matthew
            > VK5ZM
            >
            > On 24 December 2012 10:09, Rob <vk6ufo@...
            > <mailto:vk6ufo@...>> wrote:
            >
            >     __
            >
            >
            >>     Can't find the circuit to take a peek and the unit is no longer
            >>     here to pull apart :-(
            >
            >     http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/T2-301-schematic.png
            >
            >     Looks like a MAX232 or similar
            >
            >     --
            >     Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >


            ------------------------------------

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/join
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                tracker2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.