Re: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012

      I will ditto the same comment.
      David KB5EDB
      San Angelo, Tx

      On Dec 20, 2012, at 9:45 PM, Myles Thomas <mylesthomas@...> wrote:

      I received and checked the cable. It fits enough for the pins to make contact but is not as snug as a Yaesu cable. I believe it would probably work ok on a stationary installation. If used on a mobile installation it could work loose over a period of time. Since the connector on the FTM-350 has a deep recess the large block on the end of your cable keeps it from going all the way in. It lacks 3/32 of an inch of completely making a tight fit. Thanks for letting me check it out.

      Myles Thomas KL1NU
      Fairbanks, AK

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012
        Thanks for checking it out. That's what I was afraid of. The drawings
        from the factory didn't show the square overmold on the connector, but I
        should have known by now to check for that. I'll see if there's
        anything that can be done with these.

        Thanks again,

        Scott