T2-301 audio problem

  • wilson.darcy@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
      Hello,

      I have a T2-301 that has been operational for a couple years. I noticed recently that I haven't had any packets digi'd. It appears I only get a dead carrier when transmitting now. I erased and reloaded firmware, and adjusting audio level using the slider from low to high there is no tone heard, only dead carrier.

      Any suggestion?
    • wilson.darcy@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "wilson.darcy@..." <wilson.dd@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I have a T2-301 that has been operational for a couple years. I noticed recently that I haven't had any packets digi'd. It appears I only get a dead carrier when transmitting now. I erased and reloaded firmware, and adjusting audio level using the slider from low to high there is no tone heard, only dead carrier.
        >
        > Any suggestion?

        Re-seated the daughter board and seems to be working fine now.
      • Matthew Cook
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
          That daughter board sounds like a good candiate for some contact cleaner to clear off any surface corrosion that may have formed.  Otherwise you might find yourself re-seating the daughter board often over the coming years...  not particularly expensive stuff but works well I usually use the Scotch branded cleaner from Element14 213-5628

          YMMV.

          73's

          Matthew
          VK5ZM