Fwd: [DAWG-HSMM] Fwd: [BLT] 18.100 MHz PSK listeners wanted

  • Eric Fort
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
      thought this may be of interest to some of you.  anyone have 17m psk31 rx ability?

      Date:Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:56:18 -0600
      From:Thomas Krahn <thomas@...>
      To:blt@... <blt@...>

      N0D Flight To The End Of The World
      Dec. 15th 2012, Covey Trails Airport Richmond TX - 4PM CST (22:00 UTC)

      While the APRS network is always ready we'll need to push a little bit
      for 17m shortwave listeners.
      Please consider listening by yourself and forward it to all mailing
      lists, forums and DX clusters of interest.
      The PSK31 beacon on the BLT32 balloon will transmit on 18.100 MHz and
      shows up at 700..800 Hz on the waterfall when you use USB.
      The frequency may shift quite a bit due to temperature, so there is life
      left and right of the center frequency. Check the announcements where it
      actually is during the flight.
      It will transmit packages of 3 positions in a row, then pause for
      approximately 140 seconds. Then it starts over.

      Here are some example packages so that you know what to expect:

      $$N0D,490,060200,29.7252,-95.5078,84,HAB*EF3D
      $$N0D,491,060438,29.7252,-95.5078,84,http://w5acm.net*119E
      $$N0D,492,060508,29.7252,-95.5078,84,end of world*3671
      (140 sec. pause)
      $$N0D,500,060542,29.7252,-95.5078,84,HAB*A03C
      $$N0D,501,060819,29.7252,-95.5078,84,http://w5acm.net*4513
      $$N0D,502,060849,29.7252,-95.5078,84,end of world*0ACA
      (140 sec. pause)
      etc.

      The comma separated columns are:
      N0D = callsign
      490 = Serial number of the packet. 0,1,2 will be transmitted, 3...9 are
      pause.
      060200 = 6:02:00 UTC time
      29.7252 = latitude in decimals of degrees
      -95.5078 = longitude in decimal degrees
      84 = altitude in meters(!)
      HAB, w5acm.net, end of world.. = comment
      *EF3D = checksum

      The 3 transmissions in a row give you a chance to tune your receiver and
      PSK setup properly. In case you missed the first one, there are still
      two transmissions left.

      Reporting:
      Of course you can always send an e-mail with the received strings to
      thomas@... but the preferred method is to submit the data to a
      server on the internet. It can be entered manually at
      http://kt5tk.tkrahn.com/blt32.html (or here:
      http://habitat.habhub.org/manual_upload/ ) but it's much easier if you
      install DOWNLOAD FLDIGI http://ukhas.org.uk/projects:dl-fldigi which
      automatically submits the position data to a central server (habitat).
      This is an extension of the famous fldigi software which is optimized
      and extended for balloon tracking. Please use exactly THIS dl-fldigi
      software because the original fldigi version cannot automatically send
      the strings to the server!

      Very good instructions for setting up dl-fldigi can be found here:
      http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:tracking_guide
      http://projecthorus.org/?page_id=336

      Note that instead of RTTY we're using PSK31

      If everything works the position of the balloon should be displayed on
      the spacenear.us tracker:
      http://spacenear.us/tracker/

      It might be interesting if we could also get some data-points up at
      pskreporter.info
      http://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html

      Thanks in advance for your support!

      Thomas
      KT5TK

    • qrv@kd4e.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
        Eric,

        I am familiar with HSMM-Mesh but what, please, is "DAWG-HSMM"?

        Thanks!

        David

        --

        Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
        David Colburn nevils-station.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
          This post was forwarded (by me) from another email list I subscribe to related to HSMM.  thought it might be of interest being an aprs related post.  HSMM is high speed multimedia - DAWG is the Dallas Area Working/Wireless (not sure which) Group.

          Eric
          AF6EP

          On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 6:26 AM, qrv@... <qrv@...> wrote:
          Eric,

                  I am familiar with HSMM-Mesh but what, please, is "DAWG-HSMM"?

          Thanks!

          David

          > Subject: [DAWG-HSMM] Fwd: [BLT] 18.100 MHz PSK listeners wanted

          --

          Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
          David Colburn nevils-station.com
          I don't google I SEARCH! duckduckgo.com

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
              tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • qrv@kd4e.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
            Cool, thanks!

            I have a pair of HSMM-Mesh routers here but can't find the
            apps to use with them for emcomm.

            If you hear of essential apps in a user-friendly format I'd
            like to test then demonstrate them locally.

            Valuable Apps: Text messaging, streaming video, VOIP/Skype,
            file transfer, remote rig control (including voice for SSB).

            David KD4E