Re: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
      It's on the way, thanks!

      Scott

      On 12/12/2012 10:45 PM, Myles Thomas wrote:
      > I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.
      >
      > Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
      > 3875 Geist Rd.
      > E-331
      > Fairbanks, AK 99709
      >

      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > From: scott@...
      > Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
      > Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
      >
      > With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
      > break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
      > don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
      > about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
      > want a free cable to try out?
      >
      > Thanks,

    • Myles Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 20, 2012
        I received and checked the cable. It fits enough for the pins to make contact but is not as snug as a Yaesu cable. I believe it would probably work ok on a stationary installation. If used on a mobile installation it could work loose over a period of time. Since the connector on the FTM-350 has a deep recess the large block on the end of your cable keeps it from going all the way in. It lacks 3/32 of an inch of completely making a tight fit. Thanks for letting me check it out.

        Myles Thomas KL1NU
        Fairbanks, AK

        > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > From: scott@...
        > Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:05:47 -0800
        > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
        >
        > It's on the way, thanks!
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 12/12/2012 10:45 PM, Myles Thomas wrote:
        > > I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.
        > >
        > > Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
        > > 3875 Geist Rd.
        > > E-331
        > > Fairbanks, AK 99709
        > >

        > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: scott@...
        > > Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
        > > Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
        > >
        > > With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
        > > break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
        > > don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
        > > about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
        > > want a free cable to try out?
        > >
        > > Thanks,

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • David
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012

          I will ditto the same comment.
          David KB5EDB
          San Angelo, Tx

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012
            Thanks for checking it out. That's what I was afraid of. The drawings
            from the factory didn't show the square overmold on the connector, but I
            should have known by now to check for that. I'll see if there's
            anything that can be done with these.

            Thanks again,

            Scott