RE: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable

  • Myles Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2012
      I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.

      Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
      3875 Geist Rd.
      E-331
      Fairbanks, AK 99709

      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      From: scott@...
      Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
      Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable

      With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
      break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
      don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
      about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
      want a free cable to try out?

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
        It's on the way, thanks!

        Scott

        On 12/12/2012 10:45 PM, Myles Thomas wrote:
        > I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.
        >
        > Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
        > 3875 Geist Rd.
        > E-331
        > Fairbanks, AK 99709
        >

        > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > From: scott@...
        > Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
        > Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
        >
        > With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
        > break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
        > don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
        > about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
        > want a free cable to try out?
        >
        > Thanks,

      • Myles Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 20, 2012
          I received and checked the cable. It fits enough for the pins to make contact but is not as snug as a Yaesu cable. I believe it would probably work ok on a stationary installation. If used on a mobile installation it could work loose over a period of time. Since the connector on the FTM-350 has a deep recess the large block on the end of your cable keeps it from going all the way in. It lacks 3/32 of an inch of completely making a tight fit. Thanks for letting me check it out.

          Myles Thomas KL1NU
          Fairbanks, AK

          > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          > From: scott@...
          > Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:05:47 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
          >
          > It's on the way, thanks!
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > On 12/12/2012 10:45 PM, Myles Thomas wrote:
          > > I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.
          > >
          > > Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
          > > 3875 Geist Rd.
          > > E-331
          > > Fairbanks, AK 99709
          > >

          > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: scott@...
          > > Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
          > > Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
          > >
          > > With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
          > > break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
          > > don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
          > > about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
          > > want a free cable to try out?
          > >
          > > Thanks,

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • David
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012

            I will ditto the same comment.
            David KB5EDB
            San Angelo, Tx

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012
              Thanks for checking it out. That's what I was afraid of. The drawings
              from the factory didn't show the square overmold on the connector, but I
              should have known by now to check for that. I'll see if there's
              anything that can be done with these.

              Thanks again,

              Scott