Free FTM-350R cable

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2012
      With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
      break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
      don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
      about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
      want a free cable to try out?

      Thanks,

      Scott
    • Myles Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2012
        I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.

        Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
        3875 Geist Rd.
        E-331
        Fairbanks, AK 99709

        To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
          It's on the way, thanks!

          Scott

          On 12/12/2012 10:45 PM, Myles Thomas wrote:
          > I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.
          >
          > Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
          > 3875 Geist Rd.
          > E-331
          > Fairbanks, AK 99709
          >

          > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          > From: scott@...
          > Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
          > Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
          >
          > With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
          > break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
          > don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
          > about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
          > want a free cable to try out?
          >
          > Thanks,

        • Myles Thomas
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 20, 2012
            I received and checked the cable. It fits enough for the pins to make contact but is not as snug as a Yaesu cable. I believe it would probably work ok on a stationary installation. If used on a mobile installation it could work loose over a period of time. Since the connector on the FTM-350 has a deep recess the large block on the end of your cable keeps it from going all the way in. It lacks 3/32 of an inch of completely making a tight fit. Thanks for letting me check it out.

            Myles Thomas KL1NU
            Fairbanks, AK

            > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            > From: scott@...
            > Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:05:47 -0800
            > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
            >
            > It's on the way, thanks!
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > On 12/12/2012 10:45 PM, Myles Thomas wrote:
            > > I have a FTM-350R and a newer FTM-350AR. I'd be glad to check out the cable.
            > >
            > > Myles Thomas (KL1NU)
            > > 3875 Geist Rd.
            > > E-331
            > > Fairbanks, AK 99709
            > >

            > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: scott@...
            > > Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:03:18 -0800
            > > Subject: [tracker2] Free FTM-350R cable
            > >
            > > With our last custom cable order we got some CT-140 clones made - they
            > > break out the 8-pin mini-DIN to a standard 6-pin mini-DIN and DB9. We
            > > don't have an FTM-350R handy to test with, though, and I'm concerned
            > > about clearance on the 8-pin connector. Does anyone with an FTM-350R
            > > want a free cable to try out?
            > >
            > > Thanks,

            > <*> Your email settings:
            > Individual Email | Traditional
            >
            > <*> To change settings online go to:
            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > <*> To change settings via email:
            > tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • David
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012

              I will ditto the same comment.
              David KB5EDB
              San Angelo, Tx

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012
                Thanks for checking it out. That's what I was afraid of. The drawings
                from the factory didn't show the square overmold on the connector, but I
                should have known by now to check for that. I'll see if there's
                anything that can be done with these.

                Thanks again,

                Scott