RE: [tracker2] Digipeating ready for more testing

  • Jason Rausch
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 16 12:10 PM
      --- scott@... wrote:

      > Sounds like what I've been planning. One text
      > field, one numeric
      > (spinbutton) control, and some checkboxes:
      >
      > Alias Max Hops Enabled Preempt ID
      >
      > I figure 5 to 10 entries should be sufficient. The
      > only constraints are
      > memory and processing time, and I don't think
      > processing time is going to be
      > an issue.

      Cool, sounds like we're on the same page. Yeah, I
      assumed the most that people will practically need are
      maybe 5 tops. The basic WIDEn-n, TRACEn-n and SSn-n
      will sufice 95% I would think.

      > Actually, should be both right now. It's
      > functioning in normal tracker
      > mode, or at least it should be.

      Ah, ok! I did'nt test far enough, I will tonight when
      I get home from work.

      > The AP64 chip has a second serial port that I
      > haven't even touched yet. On
      > this board, it's available on the 10-pin header.
      > Could be used for anything
      > the other one is used for.

      Yeah, I was checking that out. Even though I hate the
      idea of buying expensive displays, I wondered about
      using that to interface to a serial LCD and then use
      the remaining IO pins for encoders, switchs, LEDs,
      ect.

      Jason KE4NYV
      www.ke4nyv.com
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 16 12:16 PM
        On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 scott@... wrote:

        > The AP64 chip has a second serial port that I haven't even touched yet. On
        > this board, it's available on the 10-pin header. Could be used for anything
        > the other one is used for.

        RDF?

      • Curt, WE7U
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 16 12:17 PM
          On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Jason Rausch wrote:

          > Yeah, I was checking that out. Even though I hate the
          > idea of buying expensive displays, I wondered about
          > using that to interface to a serial LCD and then use
          > the remaining IO pins for encoders, switchs, LEDs,
          > ect.

          Use a one-wire device instead and a normal LCD. App-note for doing
          this is on the Dallas Semi web pages as I recall.