Re: [tracker2] Settings

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
      John G8XLB wrote...

      > I've just configured my TT4 to work with a laptop running
      > APRSIS and I think I have most things working but I am puzzled
      > by the two and three dashes in boxes on the top left of the
      > screen. I assume I've missed something.

      This is the T2 support list, but you mentioned a TT4. However,
      you would be better off asking on the aprsisce32 support list.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      www.ui-view.org
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
        Questions about APRSISCE/32 (I assume that's what you mean by APRSIS) are better asked in the APRSISCE Yahoo group.

        A screen shot would be helpful as I'm not sure what you're seeing.  Or you can identify by number based on the screen layout in the Wiki at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-elements

        It may be that you have GPS enabled, but are not yet getting speed and heading information.  That will put -- and --- in the speed and heading fields 22 and 21 respectively.  17 should also say "No Fix"?

        On 12/7/2012 5:59 AM, John Martin wrote:

        Hi There,

        I’ve just configured my TT4 to work with a laptop running APRSIS and I think I have most things working but I am puzzled by the two and three dashes in boxes on the top left of the screen. I assume I’ve missed something.

        Regards,

        John

        G8XLB

      • wa4sca
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
          John,

          If you have a GPS attached, those boxes will have speed, direction, etc. A good program source is here:

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/

          73s,

          Alan
          WA4SCA