Settings

  • John Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012

      Hi There,

      I’ve just configured my TT4 to work with a laptop running APRSIS and I think I have most things working but I am puzzled by the two and three dashes in boxes on the top left of the screen. I assume I’ve missed something.

      Regards,

      John

      G8XLB

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
        John G8XLB wrote...

        > I've just configured my TT4 to work with a laptop running
        > APRSIS and I think I have most things working but I am puzzled
        > by the two and three dashes in boxes on the top left of the
        > screen. I assume I've missed something.

        This is the T2 support list, but you mentioned a TT4. However,
        you would be better off asking on the aprsisce32 support list.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        www.ui-view.org
      • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
          Questions about APRSISCE/32 (I assume that's what you mean by APRSIS) are better asked in the APRSISCE Yahoo group.

          A screen shot would be helpful as I'm not sure what you're seeing.  Or you can identify by number based on the screen layout in the Wiki at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-elements

          It may be that you have GPS enabled, but are not yet getting speed and heading information.  That will put -- and --- in the speed and heading fields 22 and 21 respectively.  17 should also say "No Fix"?

          On 12/7/2012 5:59 AM, John Martin wrote:

          Hi There,

          I’ve just configured my TT4 to work with a laptop running APRSIS and I think I have most things working but I am puzzled by the two and three dashes in boxes on the top left of the screen. I assume I’ve missed something.

          Regards,

          John

          G8XLB

        • wa4sca
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
            John,

            If you have a GPS attached, those boxes will have speed, direction, etc. A good program source is here:

            http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/

            73s,

            Alan
            WA4SCA