Re: [tracker2] Windows 8 digitally signed drivers

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
      No. And in reality the driver is actually provided by Microsoft - it's
      a standard USB CDC class driver, but Windows demands an .inf file to use it.

      Scott

      On 12/4/2012 1:11 PM, buckethead_1 wrote:
      > I searched before asking, but didn't find anything for Windows 8.
      >
      > I have a OT3m and I'm trying to install the USB inf file
      > "OpenTrackerUSB_Windows7.inf". It's not digitally signed for use in
      > Windows 8. Is there a Windows 8 driver version available I have not found?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > - Doug
      > KD0FIZ

    • buckethead_1
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
        I decided to reboot with the driver signature enforcement disabled. That allowed me to install the inf. Upon restarting it is working with the digital signature enforcement enabled. Just FYI to help someone else searching if they have the same issue.

        -Doug
        KD0FIZ