RE: [tracker2] Windows 8 digitally signed drivers

  • Curtis Bidulock
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012

      None that I have found, the Windows 7 version works ok for me.

      Curtis Bidulock VE6AEW
      Section Emergency Coordinator
      Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC)
      Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) Alberta
      ve6aew@...

      http://www.aresalberta.ca

      Cell: 780-721-5311
      Res: 780-922-7025
      My Location

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
        No. And in reality the driver is actually provided by Microsoft - it's
        a standard USB CDC class driver, but Windows demands an .inf file to use it.

        Scott

        On 12/4/2012 1:11 PM, buckethead_1 wrote:
        > I searched before asking, but didn't find anything for Windows 8.
        >
        > I have a OT3m and I'm trying to install the USB inf file
        > "OpenTrackerUSB_Windows7.inf". It's not digitally signed for use in
        > Windows 8. Is there a Windows 8 driver version available I have not found?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > - Doug
        > KD0FIZ

      • buckethead_1
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
          I decided to reboot with the driver signature enforcement disabled. That allowed me to install the inf. Upon restarting it is working with the digital signature enforcement enabled. Just FYI to help someone else searching if they have the same issue.

          -Doug
          KD0FIZ