Windows 8 digitally signed drivers

  • buckethead_1
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
      I searched before asking, but didn't find anything for Windows 8.

      I have a OT3m and I'm trying to install the USB inf file "OpenTrackerUSB_Windows7.inf". It's not digitally signed for use in Windows 8. Is there a Windows 8 driver version available I have not found?

      Thank you.

      - Doug
      KD0FIZ
    • Curtis Bidulock
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012

        None that I have found, the Windows 7 version works ok for me.

        Curtis Bidulock VE6AEW
        Section Emergency Coordinator
        Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC)
        Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) Alberta
        ve6aew@...

        http://www.aresalberta.ca

        Cell: 780-721-5311
        Res: 780-922-7025
        My Location

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
          No. And in reality the driver is actually provided by Microsoft - it's
          a standard USB CDC class driver, but Windows demands an .inf file to use it.

          Scott

          On 12/4/2012 1:11 PM, buckethead_1 wrote:
          > I searched before asking, but didn't find anything for Windows 8.
          >
          > I have a OT3m and I'm trying to install the USB inf file
          > "OpenTrackerUSB_Windows7.inf". It's not digitally signed for use in
          > Windows 8. Is there a Windows 8 driver version available I have not found?
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > - Doug
          > KD0FIZ

        • buckethead_1
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
            I decided to reboot with the driver signature enforcement disabled. That allowed me to install the inf. Upon restarting it is working with the digital signature enforcement enabled. Just FYI to help someone else searching if they have the same issue.

            -Doug
            KD0FIZ