Re: Alinco and T3-135

  • Ron N9SZV
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
      Any links for software out there I can download?

      Ron N9SZV

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
        On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Ron N9SZV <n9szv@...> wrote:

        > Dumb Q can the T3-135 be used as a BBS?

        So, a BBS was normally software running on a computer with a data
        connection via phone lines or now the internet... A T3-135 isn't a
        computer, a phone line, internet, nor software.

        You probably want to run a PBBS, which is a packet BBS, again software
        running on a computer, but using a TNC and radio as the connection
        method.

        Not any rig can be a BBS, but you can use just about any radio as the
        RF portion of a PBBS. The on air speed is dependent upon the TNC that
        you use, as it is the device that converts the serial data from the
        computer to the on air protocol and back again.

        There is a difference between "regular packet" used for PBBS, Winlink,
        and other legacy packet modes versus the packet radio subset which is
        APRS.

        Be aware that some of the APRS TNCs were not able to handle the full
        packets used by legacy packet applications.