Re: SMT OT+

  • caimaver
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
      Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

      - Cai /W6CAI

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
        Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
        error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
        I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
        TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
        OTUSB or T3 MCU.

        Scott

        On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
        > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
        > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
        > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
        >
        > - Cai /W6CAI

        > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
        > > better job at decoding.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >
        > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
        > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
        > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
        > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
        > > >
        > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
        > modem)
        > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
        > > >
        > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
        > > >
        > > > 73's
        > > >
        > > > Matthew
        > > > VK5ZM

      • caimaver
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
          Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

          - Cai /W6CAI